Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 09-10-2023, 12:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Silky is not a very good player folks, watch his vids. the idea of missing canni's in favor of a lifeless nuke when soloing literally anything at 60, is laughable.

But play how ya like that's the important part, right?
Simply saying "someone's a bad player" isn't an argument. Come back when you can actually articulate a thought. Sounds like Penish is a player who doesn't need to be giving advise.

If you think JBB is a bad item at 60, you don't understand how the game works.
Old 09-10-2023, 02:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Silky is not a very good player folks, watch his vids. the idea of missing canni's in favor of a lifeless nuke when soloing literally anything at 60, is laughable.

Does it matter whether he is a bad player? What even is a bad player? He seems to enjoy himself and enjoy sharing his adventures. Seeing as this is a game not a competitive sport that is pretty much the point.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 09-10-2023, 07:20 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah 240 mana or a 260 hitpoint nuke is a pretty difficult decision to make (It's really not) and it does matter if you're a bad player especially when you're giving out "advice".

Must suck to suck /shrug.

Good luck elf pals, ZoOOOOm!
Last edited by Penish; 09-10-2023 at 07:25 AM..
Old 09-10-2023, 09:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:

Where did the bad ogre touch you?
Old 09-10-2023, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yeah 240 mana or a 260 hitpoint nuke is a pretty difficult decision to make (It's really not) and it does matter if you're a bad player especially when you're giving out "advice".

Must suck to suck /shrug.

Good luck elf pals, ZoOOOOm!
Shamans find the time to cast Torpor, Slow, Malo, Epic, Bane, and Pox in-between cannibalizing.

If you can't find the time to cast JBB, you simply need to improve your ability to weave spells into your cannibalize routine. Remember that you aren't always re-applying DoTs/Debuffs, since they take time to finish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPxeOVuX0G8 - When fighting Ionat solo, I cast 33 Torpors and 121 Cannibalizes, which means 4 Cannibalizes per Torpor. I didn't need more than that to win the fight. That means you only need to spend 18-20 seconds on Torpor + Cannibalize per minute. You've got 40 seconds to do other things.

It's not a good idea to always be cannibalizing on a tougher fight like Ionat. You need to maintain a certain HP percentage to avoid getting killed by a few lucky double attacks in a row. That means you are sometimes waiting for Torpor to tick you back to safe HP levels. If you have nothing else to cast in that time, you might as well throw in a JBB cast or two.
Old 09-10-2023, 10:59 AM
Fire Giant

Torpor > Malo > Slow > Epic > Pox > Bane to open.

Torpor > Epic > Pox > Bane to win.

A JBB rotation, lol. Only if you want to spend an extra 10 minutes killing said target.

Get good son

Maybe just an oversight on your part, but watching that torpor drop consistently through the fight is just raping you're infinite cast cycle of useful spells, as mentioned above.

Also how do you not top slot your clickie buffs for the debuff, vid's just plain hard to watch, lol
Last edited by Penish; 09-10-2023 at 11:08 AM..
Old 09-10-2023, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Torpor > Malo > Slow > Epic > Pox > Bane to open.

Torpor > Epic > Pox > Bane to win.

A JBB rotation, lol. Only if you want to spend an extra 10 minutes killing said target.

Get good son
Torpor > Epic > Pox > Pet is good enough, and gives you breathing room to correct your HP when Ionat hits you hard multiple times in a row.

When you are face tanking a mob, you are losing HP. This means you aren't always able to cannibalize mana back. Recasting Bane every 40 seconds is a riskier strategy since it can be resisted even with Malo. Losing 400 mana from a resist can be a bad setback depending on your current HP/Mana.

Or you can keep the 400 mana and throw in 1-2 JBB casts instead. You won't lose anything if it gets resisted. Dying in a fight due to spending too much mana in a short period of time will waste more time than extending the fight a few minutes by playing it safe.

Quote:
Also how do you not top slot your clickie buffs for the debuff, vid's just plain hard to watch, lol
I did top slot my clickie buffs. I have Ring 9 + SoW/Fungi Staff + Green Flower + Black Flower. You clearly aren't watching lol. Not suprising since you are watching it simply to try and find flaws, instead of actually trying to see whats going on.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-10-2023 at 11:26 AM..
Old 09-10-2023, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

The only time a JBB makes sense is mana free group dps (say a trio with another healer and melee), killing greens, if a fight won’t last the duration of Bane, or pre-torp. Those situations do happen but I sold mine long ago after the epic and torp.

Even most shorter fights or npc’s that don’t have insane hps or regen it doesn’t make sense to use Pox. You already are fully Malo-line debuffing for less resists on slow, epic, and bane resists. You might even be tash-sticking as well. Bane is efficient and works fast. It’s a lot of click-upkeep just to stay on top with canni so DR line is a lot of gems and timers to add to the mix.

I admit me not using pox is due to not fighting marathon mobs that need it. That aspect of the shaman is the “bane” of my existence.
Old 09-10-2023, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only time a JBB makes sense is mana free group dps (say a trio with another healer and melee), killing greens, if a fight won’t last the duration of Bane, or pre-torp. Those situations do happen but I sold mine long ago after the epic and torp.

Even most shorter fights or npc’s that don’t have insane hps or regen it doesn’t make sense to use Pox. You already are fully Malo-line debuffing for less resists on slow, epic, and bane resists. You might even be tash-sticking as well. Bane is efficient and works fast. It’s a lot of click-upkeep just to stay on top with canni so DR line is a lot of gems and timers to add to the mix.

I admit me not using pox is due to not fighting marathon mobs that need it. That aspect of the shaman is the “bane” of my existence.
It depends on what you mean by a "short fight". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS3uoIHTu_c - I use Pox + Bane in Chardok because the zone has a 20 minute respawn time, so you want to kill things as fast as possible before repops. Having JBB allows you to kill a bit faster while your DoTs are ticking as well.

For WW Dragons Bane makes less sense because they have good resists and high damage even after being Slowed + Maloed. They also take more effort to pull, which means you are making the decision between trying to speed up the fight a bit, or risk dying and having to run back, get your corpse, and re-pull. Shamans don't have any tools to help with pulling, so you are at the mercy of mob positions.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-10-2023 at 11:39 AM..
Old 09-10-2023, 11:17 AM
Fire Giant

Agreed just pointing out his lack of familiarity with math, consistent torpors equates to a much larger pool of mana to use hence the permanent uptime of pox / bane.

This fight is NOT a marathon fight, its just looks that way with his "efficient" solo'ing techniques

also lol