Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Default Multi-Questing is allowed, when will boxing be allowed?

Title says it all! Plenty of people play with their... 'wives' characters already. When will others be able to do this legitimately without getting banned?
Old 10-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Sarnak

multiquesting was a classic design.

for people to multibox, they had to pay for two clients

this is a classic FREE server

therefore, people will never be allowed to box because they will not have to pay for subscriptions.

good flow of logic right there aye? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

I thought it was because there is only a finite amount of bandwidth and having boxers would eat up precious space that should be used by real people behind those keyboards. When playing on Sonys servers it didn't matter because they had the bandwidth to spare for the multiple accounts. Boxing here would be a bit selfish. BTW some of us actually do have our Sig other playing. My GF is a first time player of EQ. We play our characters together leveling at the same rate. When I play alone I have a separate Monk that I play....and she has a Rogue that she plays while I'm at work.

Why would you need to multibox anyway? Just curious...for conversation sake.

Also what about the the non P99 servers? can you two box there? If so then why not do it elsewhere? IMHO p99 should be boxer free so that those legit two person EQ households can enjoy the game.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Kobold

Depending on other players for things like ports, buffs, rezzes, groups is what builds an awesome community of players. It's what makes a great server.

I guarantee if boxing was ever permitted we'd see 6-boxed groups like you'd see on PEQ. When that happens you don't need to interact with other people, you don't need to ask or give help.

Permitting boxing would destroy the community.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Kobold

I tried to get my wife to play, but she won't. She's into EQ2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Title says it all! Plenty of people play with their... 'wives' characters already. When will others be able to do this legitimately without getting banned?
Never. Stop asking.
Closed Thread