Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Aviak

Default Question regarding account

I'm curious about my account if I were to move. I'm most likely moving out of the country next spring and was wondering if I would still be able to access my account and play once I get my internet set up in my new location. Would I have to let the devs know, or would it act as it did in Live where I could access my account from any IP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Kobold

You can log in from any location as far as I know...as long as you are not trying to log in with multiple PC's from the same IP. I currently log in to my account from 3 different locations.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Kobold

Just as on live, you can access your account from any IP.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Aviak

Thanks guys!
Old 10-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Sarnak

Is it a surprise that his avatar looks like a juggalo?
Old 10-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Project Manager

That's Captain Spaulding. I wouldn't call him a juggalo.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zithax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it a surprise that his avatar looks like a juggalo?
Far from "juggalo", sir. And what would that have to do with the question anyway?
Old 10-08-2010, 07:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade_the_Slide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Far from "juggalo", sir. And what would that have to do with the question anyway?
He was calling you dumb. Just saying.
Methlab - 50 Troll Shadow Knight
Kemba - 19 Monk
Old 10-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tseng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He was calling you dumb. Just saying.
Right, I understood that. But it failed. It was a simple question with a simple answer. If it was an attempt to be funny then it failed and had no relevance to the topic at hand. He saw my avatar and assumed based on his past knowledge of evil looking clown types that it was associated with the "juggalo" culture, which include mostly ignorant white teens who are into a stylized form of hip-hop associated with the Insane Clown Posse. While saying this, not having any knowledge of Sid Haig and his character portrayal of the character of Captain Spaulding in the Rob Zombie movies: "House of 1000k Corpses" and "The Devil's Rejects".

Being a fan of Sid Haig's work before and after such portrayals of this character, but enjoying them nonetheless, I have added it as my avatar. Again, nothing to do with the topic at hand. This long, drawn out explanation might be seen as convoluted and unnecessary, and perhaps taking it too seriously. All the while feeding his trollish comment. However, I feel it was slightly necessary to dispel any connection between my avatar and the "juggalo sub-culture". The two are not mutually bound. Also, any relation that has to my intelligence is not based on anything other than me asking a question regarding my account and its link to my IP. I am familiar with basic knowledge of networking functions, but I am far from an expert in the field.

Seeing how IP's are monitored to accounts on this server, I wasn't sure of the relevance to my location in accessing my account. Thus the purpose of the thread.
Closed Thread