Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 07-16-2023, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are wonderful. They just can't cover the ENC dies-a-lot and needs a res part.

If death is avoided then you are onto something.
Pocket clerics work wonders! Shaman/Ench duo with a level 49 pocket cleric covers the bases.

Crede can attest to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level a cleric and have people log it in as needed. I have an epic cleric that’s been 54 since 2014 and he has done countless rezzes. Just a phenomenal class that everyone should have at least one of.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-16-2023 at 09:13 PM..
Old 07-16-2023, 10:03 PM
Banned

Or if you really want to die, haste a high blue con charmed pet, then give it a torch, then give it cheap worn haste items

I remember hearing about Chortles doing that in chardok, then dying accidentally, then his charmed pet rampaging through the zone in trains [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-17-2023, 09:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or if you really want to die, haste a high blue con charmed pet, then give it a torch, then give it cheap worn haste items

I remember hearing about Chortles doing that in chardok, then dying accidentally, then his charmed pet rampaging through the zone in trains [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I often would do a full kit on my charmed pets back when I was tryharding.

Steel hilted flint dagger, tola robe, 2x ada bands, rusty spiked pads, tome of the eternal, astral stuff, etc

shit slapped until you died and went into full damage control mode hoping someone didnt snipe your pet

but honestly a swarmcaller (can take slow off your bar) + torch is all you really need unless you're doing high end stuff
Old 07-30-2023, 12:39 AM
Sarnak

Swarmcaller is interesting for a duo or something. But solo it's a risk waiting for that proc and I've definitely noticed the difference between 50 and 65% slow mobs interrupting my stun on a charm break. Maybe I had some bad RNG but it seemed to be pretty sketchy.

With that tryhard kit I would definitely have my GGR on ready to go, most I've given a pet is a tola robe and some -mr gear. Would suck to lose 10k+ because someone trained you, just eat the death.
Old 07-30-2023, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Speaking of dealing with death, died earlier today in HS north on the ramp near the pit trap, decent chances of lulling my way back in there with naked charisma + buffs?
Old 07-31-2023, 11:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Steel hilted flint dagger, tola robe, 2x ada bands, rusty spiked pads, tome of the eternal, astral stuff, etc
One thing I noticed here is the 2x ada bands. Could of sworn back on Blue like a decade ago or so a pet could only be given 1 ring. I'd have to dig up the discussion from forums which I'd rather not spend the time, but it was tested and confirmed. So long ago though that the only 1x ring slot on a mob might not be up to date with current p99.

Does anyone know if pets can be given 2 ring slots in current p99 iteration?
Old 08-01-2023, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One thing I noticed here is the 2x ada bands. Could of sworn back on Blue like a decade ago or so a pet could only be given 1 ring. I'd have to dig up the discussion from forums which I'd rather not spend the time, but it was tested and confirmed. So long ago though that the only 1x ring slot on a mob might not be up to date with current p99.

Does anyone know if pets can be given 2 ring slots in current p99 iteration?
no idea i just do 2 just in case
Old 08-01-2023, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swarmcaller is interesting for a duo or something. But solo it's a risk waiting for that proc and I've definitely noticed the difference between 50 and 65% slow mobs interrupting my stun on a charm break. Maybe I had some bad RNG but it seemed to be pretty sketchy.

With that tryhard kit I would definitely have my GGR on ready to go, most I've given a pet is a tola robe and some -mr gear. Would suck to lose 10k+ because someone trained you, just eat the death.
Yeah Swarmcaller is definitely more for duo / group. Its nice taking slow off your bar and just lazymode it.
Old 08-01-2023, 03:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no idea i just do 2 just in case
Right on. I'll test this within a day or two on Green. If I recall it simply requires charming level 1 skeleton, giving two rings, releasing to the wild. Killing and tracking HPs.

Will get back the results soon
Old 08-04-2023, 07:57 PM
Banned

Finally got around to doing this today in West Freeport on Green.

Gave 2 Ada Bands to a A Decaying Skeleton. This would be a +150 HP buff.

It required four Chaotic Feedbacks of 48 damage each to kill the skeleton.

Therefore can confirm Tox is right. Charmed Pets have 2 ring slots. I think wiki might not currently be accurate on this.