Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-18-2022, 08:33 PM
Kobold

Default Why all the Vitriol towards Multi-boxing?

Why does everyone get so Upset about Multi-boxers? It seems like a perfectly reasonable solution to a Top heavy server. Unless the developers implement Mercenaries into the server, I don't see another way for New players to make any progress in the Game. The Vast Majority of the Game is dead in most zone except for maybe 50+ish. Even at post 50 unless your playing prime time, you'll be lucky to find a decent group to xp in. Most pickup groups tend to suck anyway in my experience. Half the people don't know what the hell they are doing and don't seem to understand the game mechanics at all. I guess Rogean and Nilbog just don't care about this, but the game honestly feels kinda dead at this point. Except maybe in the Raid guilds. Try making a new character though and you'll probably never see another player.
Old 03-18-2022, 09:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why does everyone get so Upset about Multi-boxers? It seems like a perfectly reasonable solution to a Top heavy server. Unless the developers implement Mercenaries into the server, I don't see another way for New players to make any progress in the Game. The Vast Majority of the Game is dead in most zone except for maybe 50+ish. Even at post 50 unless your playing prime time, you'll be lucky to find a decent group to xp in. Most pickup groups tend to suck anyway in my experience. Half the people don't know what the hell they are doing and don't seem to understand the game mechanics at all. I guess Rogean and Nilbog just don't care about this, but the game honestly feels kinda dead at this point. Except maybe in the Raid guilds. Try making a new character though and you'll probably never see another player.
Yeah I agree, other than being against the rules there's nothing wrong with if. Boxing is very classic eq as well.
But since it's against the rules here,kind of a moot point.
Old 03-18-2022, 09:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I agree, other than being against the rules there's nothing wrong with if. Boxing is very classic eq as well.
But since it's against the rules here,kind of a moot point.
Yea that's true it's only against the Rules. I'm curious what Rogean and Nilbog's View is on this? I understand they have their vision I guess of how the server should, but are they willing to adapt and change that Vision if it appears things aren't working out? It seems like it would quite easy to Police the Boxing if it were made Legal. After all people are gonna break the rules and do it anyway, but at atleast if were Legal and you had to declare your boxxed accounts then it would be very easy to police if it became a problem. As it is right people will just use third party programs to try to Circumvent the Rules and end up creating more problems anyway.
It just like the war on drugs. If you make it illegal, it just drives the behavior underground. If you make a Legal, but Regulated Activity, people will be more likely to be forthcoming and cooperative with both the Staff and their fellow players.
Old 03-18-2022, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-18-2022, 09:57 PM
Banned

I am currently in KWSM, but I don't want to engage in any drama or be targeted or anything after reading this thread so I've made a throwaway account.

Not everyone would think to change the setup they are used to at a moment's notice to fit the criteria of an impromptu test they were not ready for.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am currently in KWSM, but I don't want to engage in any drama or be targeted or anything after reading this thread so I've made a throwaway account.

Not everyone would think to change the setup they are used to at a moment's notice to fit the criteria of an impromptu test they were not ready for.
I'm not really sure what you mean by that? What does that have to do with Multi-boxing or any of the current population problems with the server?
Old 03-18-2022, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not really sure what you mean by that? What does that have to do with Multi-boxing or any of the current population problems with the server?
He is mocking the "I was banned for boxxing" thread currently up in RnF. Also Snortles has a condition known as 'brain rot' that makes him unpleasant to most people.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 03-18-2022, 10:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He is mocking the "I was banned for boxxing" thread currently up in RnF. Also Snortles has a condition known as 'brain rot' that makes him unpleasant to most people.
Yea. There appears to alot of "Troll Accounts" in the Forums. That or just outright very Obnoxious people here. I thought these things were against the "Rules" too. I guess no one is really policing anything these days.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:51 PM
Banned

hurting your feewings isnt against the rules cheater scum
(LOL)
Old 03-18-2022, 11:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hurting your feewings isnt against the rules cheater scum
(LOL)
Making accounts exclusively for trolling is against the Rules.