Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 01:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBStrong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bloody seeds of today's low hanging fruit, become tomorrow's assassin of the unsuspecting.

Note's are being taken and the shit list has been established! lol
Having fun when I have been able to play. Definitely appreciating the accelerated exp! It totally suits my part-time playing availability.
Not sure if i ran into you this weekend online, as i'm unsure of your character name, but man oh man im just glad to have another person on board. You just let me know if i can be of assistance with anything.. Got some random pieces of gear hangin around in the bank if you're in need of anything!
Old 01-11-2021, 02:32 PM
Aviak

I made my Iksar Necro named Guldur first- simply out of starting with the most familiar class, and experimenting in a new 'newbie' land. However, he's losing the battle for attention to my L8 Half-Elf Bard named Lindale. He's made it out of the newbie yard and into QH, and even BB with some assistance from an awesomely kind Druid named Bistre; not sure of the spelling on that... might be Birste. Anyway, she passed along a couple lowbie pieces which were great upgrades from the cloth, or empty slots I had; also a Sac Dagger, another clear upgrade for me. Her PotG, Regrowth, and Thorns made me an extra stabby dynamo! haha Ran into BB like I owned the place... well, at least the top floor.
Other than the SD for piercing, I'm still swinging my *short sword, and also a good ol' cracked staff to practice 1hb. That piece is also an investment for when I'm a pp short of my next song. lol. It's going to the pawn shop!
Most of my playing time is Central time mid afternoons- when I get it. Playing time on evenings and weekends, which I know is 'prime time' is very scarce for me, but I do get it on occasion. Wish I had more availability, but RL is Real, and EQ is still a game.
Maybe I'll run into someone on the West side of Antonica.

Lindale L8 Half-Elven Bard
Guldur L5 Ikky Necro
Last edited by DBStrong; 01-11-2021 at 02:35 PM..
Old 01-11-2021, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

Haha this is awesome to hear dude.. I probably got a few things for both the bard and necro sitting around. I'll keep an eye out for you online! I'm on that west coast time. But i'm all over the place in terms of when i login haha.. might login now in fact!
Old 01-11-2021, 02:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBStrong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made my Iksar Necro named Guldur first- simply out of starting with the most familiar class, and experimenting in a new 'newbie' land. However, he's losing the battle for attention to my L8 Half-Elf Bard named Lindale. He's made it out of the newbie yard and into QH, and even BB with some assistance from an awesomely kind Druid named Bistre; not sure of the spelling on that... might be Birste. Anyway, she passed along a couple lowbie pieces which were great upgrades from the cloth, or empty slots I had; also a Sac Dagger, another clear upgrade for me. Her PotG, Regrowth, and Thorns made me an extra stabby dynamo! haha Ran into BB like I owned the place... well, at least the top floor.
Other than the SD for piercing, I'm still swinging my *short sword, and also a good ol' cracked staff to practice 1hb. That piece is also an investment for when I'm a pp short of my next song. lol. It's going to the pawn shop!
Most of my playing time is Central time mid afternoons- when I get it. Playing time on evenings and weekends, which I know is 'prime time' is very scarce for me, but I do get it on occasion. Wish I had more availability, but RL is Real, and EQ is still a game.
Maybe I'll run into someone on the West side of Antonica.

Lindale L8 Half-Elven Bard
Guldur L5 Ikky Necro
Heck yeah man sounds like you're getting into some fun stuff. Even if you casually play on this server you can progress. Bards have their advantages and you can solo up to 60 I believe if you know what you're doing. They are a great asset for PVP in group fights as well. Best of luck!
Old 01-11-2021, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Riveting stuff guys. Bringing bad play to a dead server in 2021. Actually rooting for db can’t stand the other guys here hope they die hard in pvp. But pvp doesn’t happen here anyhow.
Old 01-11-2021, 04:07 PM
Aviak

Well, I’m on right now Tass, so come show me how it’s done. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
I can only level up so fast, and I’m working on it when I have time. Maybe some day I’ll be able to pound my chest with as long a poop sock as yourself.

With Tass in my corner who can be against me?!? For real though- I’m just trying to level; apparently pvp doesn’t happen at these levels unless it’s random and brutal... so eventually I’ll be able to dish out my own flavor of random brutality
Last edited by DBStrong; 01-11-2021 at 04:11 PM..
Old 01-11-2021, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

I think Tass is a fine guy but hes sick of the forum and tired of people trying to be positive. He's not wrong. We're all checking for a new server and literally been begging for someone to put us out of our misery for over 5 years.

They have the ability to do it and don't and we just keep hoping there comes a time when they decide to do it.

Its theoretically possible for someone else to make a good project 1999 emulator box that looks like real everquest, but it has taken Nilbog and team over 10 years to get to where we are today and without a lot of money to waste you won't get there any faster. So the smart option is to beg.

So thats what we do.

In the mean time I still like the game and everyone else on it. Tass is just done. I understand and its not because hes a megalong poopsocker jerk hes just a normal person who has had enough.

You can't criticize him for checking the forums because this is where we can find out about the next server.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-11-2021, 04:20 PM
Aviak

Right on. I appreciate Tass for his angle on things. It’s different from most on the forums, but that doesn’t mean it is wrong or invalid. I understand folks are frustrated with it, so maybe this is just me practicing for purple or whatever the next flavor server is called.
I still like the crustiness he brings, and maybe I just like to poke the bear and kick the dog once in awhile... or more often perhaps! Haha
Old 01-11-2021, 04:23 PM
Fire Giant

Sad.. People defend Tassador.. That makes me really sad...
Old 01-11-2021, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

I don't know who he is or who he will be. Its like in lord of the rings

Frodo: "What a pity that Bilbo did not stab that vile creature, when he had a chance!" Gandalf: "pity? It was Pity that stayed his hand. Pity, and Mercy: not to strike without need"
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread