Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 10:37 AM
Sarnak

Default Ogre travelling from TD to Kunark - ?

Hello guys,

I have an Ogre SK that I am travelling to Kunark with. He is currently in Timorous Deep waiting on the dock (with his Ogre NPC buddies) to board the boat to Kunark.

Question: will I be able to safely enter Kunark via the Overthere? I've been reading over the Travel Guide extensively (https://wiki.project1999.com/Travel_Guide) and am not sure what to expect as an Ogre. Am I cool at the evil outpost?

Basically, if anyone has advice for getting me through this last patch into Kunark, that would be greatly appreciated. I will have SoW but not likely to have invisibility. I'm hoping that I'll be able to have my buddy bind me once we zone in.

I love leveling in FoB and KT and want to get there ASAP! Thank you in advance for any help.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:53 AM
Orc

Just jump off the boat when you get into the Overthere and swim to shore.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:56 AM
Sarnak

Will I be KoS to anything? Should I swim to a certain spot? Trying to avoid a lengthy corpse run, any specifics are greatly appreciated!
Old 03-02-2018, 11:25 AM
Banned

OT guards are about the least of your worries. Can you even bind in FoB? You are 100x more likely to get killed by Cabalis guards in FoB, roaming lions in OT, or random mobs in Warsilk Woods than you are to get merc'd by the OT goons. As an Ogre your OT faction is probably fine but you definitely should Con some Goons/Cliff Golem to make sure. When the boat lands just swim the shore until you are safely outside the Fort. If you need buffs go to SF ramp. OT is super dangerous at lower levels and Rhinos/Lions run at SoW speed
Old 03-02-2018, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Bind @ kaesora or bind @ outpost.

(also, why not ask someone to TP to EJ / evac or something, theres plenty of bored high lvled peeps that would do it for free for a new / lowbie)
Old 03-02-2018, 11:29 AM
Sarnak

You should be fine as ogre SK. Religion -MIGHT- play a role, but I doubt it. Just con everything in the outpost, I doubt it will be a problem but better safe than sorry for sure.

Once you are there it should be easy to find a bind as OT is a hub for porters because of the OT hammer and SF ports are close to OT zone line. I'm sure one of them will bind you.

Your real challenge will be making it through WW. Try to get a levi if you can. Remember to avoid the iksar on the island to the north.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:04 PM
Sarnak

Hello everyone, thank you SO much for the info! Incredibly helpful + just what I was looking for.

My plans are to bind @ outpost if possible and, once in FoB, try to catch a bind at Kaesora.

Once I zone into the Overthere, I'll be sure to swim to safety and will /ooc to see if anyone is willing to give an impoverished Ogre a lift to EJ (Emerald Jungle, right?) and/or a levitate.

Finally, I've saved up about 20pp if anyone is reading this and happens to be in the Overthere and wants to sell me a port or generic gear. Thanks again!
Old 03-02-2018, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

The EJ port is the quickest / safest with an evac. Evac in EJ takes you right up to the FoB zoneline, which puts you then right at kaesora where you can bind.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:22 PM
Sarnak

Also just in case you are kos to the dragoons, careful because they do run at some speed or faster it seems!
Old 03-02-2018, 03:28 PM
Sarnak

Hey guys, thank you again for these added details! I feel like I have a much better chance at success now. Hopefully I'll be bound in Kaesora and dominating skellies this evening
Closed Thread