Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 05:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Read back to my initial post, i recommended places they could go, that the SK should pull, and also to consider outdoor fear kiting. I didn't tell them to dump their buddy - unconventional duos and trios are often a blast.
Sure, that's fair.

I don't think it's as inefficient as some are saying to have the SK tank, though, if it comes to that. It's a doable strategy and in a high ZEM zone it should be fine, even if slightly more inefficient killing-speed wise than being in an outdoor zone and chain pulling.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 10-06-2016, 05:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by thufir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't get why it's so difficult for people to understand the initial question. Again, the question wasn't "how can we improve this trio?"; it's "where are some camp spots for this trio?"

Advice to them that they should tell their friend to sod off, or that they need to find another person to make it more efficient, is swell, but not the question that was asked.
I was responding to you, not op, which is why I specifically quoted your post about Necro healing (which also had nothing to do with camp spots or the initial question).
Old 10-06-2016, 05:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was responding to you, not op, which is why I specifically quoted your post about Necro healing (which also had nothing to do with camp spots or the initial question).
I thought my advice was helpful to a trio involving an SK. You responded by saying this trio was inefficient and it would be smarter to subtract or add a member.

If you don't see how one bit is helpful to the initial question and the other is not, you don't see it.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:59 AM
Fire Giant

If I were in an ench/necro/sk trio, I would type /who all druid 51 55 and start asking whoever is online if they want to join your hole group. They can get you in, get you out, heal, regen, ds, and they have anti summon spells.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I considered mentioning the hole since I did that a lot in the mid to high 50s, but I didn't bring it up for a number of reasons that make the zone unfriendly to players without experience there.

First, while the necro and ench can gate, the SK is kind of boned when it comes to leaving. Then you have to deal with where to start from. From top down you have to clear some trash and if you don't know where you're going it is easy to mess up. Bottom to top has a couple issues as well, mainly whether Yael is up and whether everyone in the group is set up to survive the drop.

Then you get into the mobs. I was trying to think of undead zones to make the necro more useful, and the undead in the hole are extremely MR. Last time I was there I think my ench had trouble even keeping them rooted. Definitely not a friendly zone for undead charming.

I agree it is a solid zone, just not very good for this trio. Dealing with a CR in KC or even HS is waaay easier than doing so in the hole. Last time I was there we went to do the ranger epic portion and I'm pretty sure 2 of the 4 people with us died on the drop in, which wasn't a big deal since I have a cleric as well, but for a trio unfamiliar to the zone that is going to kill the group before it even gets started plus, Hole exp is kind of weak even compared to KC.

The Hole is a cool zone and worth checking out if you're up for a bit of an adventure, but it isnt the best choice for an unconventional trio looking to exp and that isn't already familiar with the zone.
I'm not fully understanding the logic here...

Not recommending Hole because it can be unfriendly to players who are inexperienced there? Same could be said for any zone, especially HS. You learn as part of EQ, the zone is very easily learnable.

SK can't gate? This is true, but you have the same exact problem in HS. OT Hammer is 2k and would recommend everyone get that at 50 anyways, Thurg Gate Potion (vial of velium vapors) is obtainable if you just do tradeskills for a few hours. Its not like there are no options there.

No undeads to charm? This is definitely true. However, I would argue that with mobs having less than half the HP as normal PLUS all running at 20%, a standard necro pet / spells help out a ton. There is realistically only 1 ghost in the area which can be trio'd at first half of zone, so the MR issue shouldn't matter.

CR easier in HS?? This is laughable really, the level 1 halfling brell rogue dragger gets your corpse to zone in where you can rez / med with no adds at all, HS has a heavy mix of undead / live mobs, and goos can see invis and even h/s. True that you can get a rez easier in KC due to over-crowding... but you deal with over-crowding.

Hole exp weak compared to KC? This has definitely not been my experience, especially at low to mid 50s. 58+ I see it slowing down, however due to those low HP mobs, you can plow through them much faster.... especially when chanter has a charmed pet that can BS for 350, maybe even give some nice pet weapons like double Gold Plated Koshigatana if you want to get creative (may cost you 2k, but will proc a 162 DD nuke on any summoned creature. Dual Wield + Boon + Backstab + Haste if you crazy = Destroy). The SK also comes in handy here to get the chanter pet to BS.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I were in an ench/necro/sk trio, I would type /who all druid 51 55 and start asking whoever is online if they want to join your hole group. They can get you in, get you out, heal, regen, ds, and they have anti summon spells.
Praise Druids!! These are awesome in the Hole, and granted your trio may want to just get moving the 3 of you, recruiting like Expediency mentions is easy and can just be a bonus, and most druids get giddy when invited to an exp group as most under utilize them. Snaring the chanter pet will be a welcome thing as well, and snare in general if you aim to fear kite in the pit.

If you guys do the hole, recommend factioning in Warrens for a few hours to get +Paineel faction. You can buy Hole key for 120p or so. Is no drop and is NOT soulbound. You can get an erudite SK alt to buy key to open for CR too if you like, or have a Shrink Pot (200p?) in the bank (which is 30 secs away from the hole, another huge bonus to this zone... easy supply run), can shrink your necro / sk enough depending on class to get through. Iksar are too big to squeeze through boulder, but on live I managed to get in on my human.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:43 AM
Sarnak

Sounds like a fun group. I'm a 56 cleric, send me a message in game if you see me on! +7 hrs EST.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

The SK could also joust between mob swings when not pulling if they want to pet tank. Between that and pulling, it would be more than efficient. Chain pulling adds a lot to even a super-duo.
Old 10-10-2016, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SK can't gate? This is true, but you have the same exact problem in HS. OT Hammer is 2k and would recommend everyone get that at 50 anyways, Thurg Gate Potion (vial of velium vapors) is obtainable if you just do tradeskills for a few hours. Its not like there are no options there.
just a minor point here that it's not actually that hard for a melee class to escape the Hole, as long as you can fight to the main city. the teleport pads are very close to the docks, which are not a ridiculously long crawl from the initial drop.

of course this is true in HS too. there's an exit in the south wing that isn't all that hard to get to. people just aren't in the know about either.
Last edited by thufir; 10-10-2016 at 05:02 PM..
Closed Thread