Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 05-21-2023, 06:12 AM
Kobold

You know its funny part the reason I posted this thread was because I was actually considering joining one of these 4 hardcore raiding guilds. I mean, I am also curious what motivates people to play in this raid scene, but I also would like to know the kind of people that I would be around if I joined one of these guilds. I hope that the few people that have replied so far is not a accurate representation on the type of people I would be around if I joined one of these guilds, because so far a lot posters have been quite unpleasant to me.
Old 05-21-2023, 06:40 AM
Planar Protector

It's called distillation. Over the years, the meaning of hardcore raider has morphed. Now, its largely only the most antagonistic over achievers (in the p99 universe) that can survive the diseased version of raiding available here.
Dont get me wrong, some here may in fact be the CEO i have my own time to play as i please types.
Most, sadly are just so good at everquesting that they cannot give it up. Its their way to tell everyone they were the high school quaterback, (and still are).
Also, every technique has been mastered and the only advantage to be gained between the "top guilds" is who cheats/lawyerquests the best.
Also also, im glad I dont got.
Old 05-21-2023, 07:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's called distillation. Over the years, the meaning of hardcore raider has morphed. Now, its largely only the most antagonistic over achievers (in the p99 universe) that can survive the diseased version of raiding available here.
Dont get me wrong, some here may in fact be the CEO i have my own time to play as i please types.
Most, sadly are just so good at everquesting that they cannot give it up. Its their way to tell everyone they were the high school quaterback, (and still are).
Also, every technique has been mastered and the only advantage to be gained between the "top guilds" is who cheats/lawyerquests the best.
Also also, im glad I dont got.
Unfortunately you may be correct on this. I may try joining one of these guilds just to see what it is like, but I pretty low expectations at this point.
Old 05-21-2023, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately you may be correct on this. I may try joining one of these guilds just to see what it is like, but I pretty low expectations at this point.
U won't be able to app now that u made OPs post.

Also don't pick the wrong one or thats four years of your life wasted! <3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-21-2023, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

• Forum posters are not representative of the playerbase.
• You’re going to meet a lot of great people in every guild, as well as a few people with issues.
• As to the initial post, people don’t get into it for the poopsocking and idol-farming and tracking hours and having to video record raids so you have evidence of opposing guilds’ wrongdoing. Those are all things you adapt to in order to help your team.
• It starts with wanting an item (maybe your epic) or an experience (killing dragons/gods, seeing a high-end zone like VP), and then you learn just what that requires on P99. But also you make friends, you help them with their quests and goals, and you develop a desire to see them succeed and have fun, and then you become willing to do what that takes: he’ll level a guild bot character, switching to a cleric for this fight, becoming an officer and spending hours inviting people/restocking mules/handing out guild bank resources…

Helpful? Clarity? Followup questions?
Old 05-21-2023, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Wrote it with one hand (the other is around my sleeping girlfriend). Sorry. No idea why the word “he’ll” is in there.
Old 05-21-2023, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Also - did you post this in Rants and Flames? Why, in the name of Brell? That’s part of the reason you’ve got trolls. Some people read forums by section. Or perhaps this post was moved here by mods after a couple people took dumps in it.
Old 05-21-2023, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know its funny part the reason I posted this thread was because I was actually considering joining one of these 4 hardcore raiding guilds. I mean, I am also curious what motivates people to play in this raid scene, but I also would like to know the kind of people that I would be around if I joined one of these guilds. I hope that the few people that have replied so far is not a accurate representation on the type of people I would be around if I joined one of these guilds, because so far a lot posters have been quite unpleasant to me.
What a second.

Have you ever been in an attendance mandatory 24 hour on-call during spawn targets competitive guild?

Oh dude. You gotta. It will change your whole outlook on life. Life changing experience. Time starts to "evaporate," is the best way to put it.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

HOTEL
Old 05-21-2023, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

This ^ is a fiction writer. And a damn good one. But 0% of his words are serious.
Old 05-21-2023, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrote it with one hand (the other is around my sleeping girlfriend). Sorry. No idea why the word “he’ll” is in there.
Power move there, Cotton