Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 05-20-2023, 11:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
idk, accept the fact other people are going to play video games differently than you and move the fuck on?

there is like 100+ other servers available for those not willing to deal with the way this server handles raids

hope this helps.
I don't question that people do play it differently than me. Just want to know why they enjoying playing the game the way they do. The whole "Fair Competition" still doesn't make sense though, because it's quite clear there is a lot of cheating and exploiting that is going on in the raid scene. You would think given all the cheating that they be more in favor of a system that makes the raid scene easier and more approachable for everyone, including them. Instead they want the facade of "Fair Competition", but the reality of cheating and exploitation. Just really bizarre to me. Also, I would like understand why people think "poopsocking" is fun.
Old 05-20-2023, 11:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm always trying [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You know what. It's all gravy. These games are great for certain folks. It really is a good thing for them. And I wish them more of what they seem to enjoy.

I don't think the raid scene is really right for you tho. You're on the first step to like making EQ art instead or writing a table top module now that you see it. Which is good also.
You might be right. If I didn't have a few close friends and family that play in guilds, I don't think I would ever been in one. In fact, If not for some close relationships, I would not even play on this server. Live or pretty much any modern MMO would be more my speed if my situation was different.
Old 05-21-2023, 12:55 AM
Sarnak

After 2004 there are a fuckton of MMOs out there that cater to people who want without effort.
Warcraft
Star Wars Galaxies
City of Heroes
Final Fantasy 14

The list can go on but my point is made.

The real question here is what drives a person to sit back, be proud of being casual for over 2 decades and expect shit to happen?
Old 05-21-2023, 01:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuanahto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After 2004 there are a fuckton of MMOs out there that cater to people who want without effort.
Warcraft
Star Wars Galaxies
City of Heroes
Final Fantasy 14

The list can go on but my point is made.

The real question here is what drives a person to sit back, be proud of being casual for over 2 decades and expect shit to happen?
That's a oddly antagonistic post, considering I only asked a little question. Were you directing this at me? At what point did say "I'm proud to be a casual"? I suppose if you were to ask what motivates me play, I would say I enjoy spending my spare time in between my work shifts getting a little xp or winning an item here or there. Giving my limited amount of spare time to play, I like to be rewarded at least decently well for my time. Mostly I enjoy this game only because my friends play here. I don't play to revive some kind of strange feelings from childhood or anything. I would like to ask, what drives you to play here? Why do like spending hours poopsocking? What do you feel about the cheating in the raid scene? What would be wrong with making the game a bit more accessible to people who have less time play in your mature, adult opinion? I'm assuming your an adult because this game is 24 years old, so it's unlikely your a toddler, even though quite a few people act like little kids here.
Old 05-21-2023, 01:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Instead of facing my own personal problem I will pretend to be a victim.
While I understand doing that is popular by todays real world youth groups you cannot think like this if you wish to advance as a human.

So let me approach this another way. What will you do if you do get said loot?
Or to look at this simpler, what will you do once your carrot on a stick, has no stick?

The carrot will lose meaning. This is why you are not playing Warcraft. Molten Core loot does not mean anything to do. This is why you do not play Star Wars Galaxies, Genonosian, Krayt weapons do not mean anything to you.

Everquest loot means something to you. But you lack the willpower to try.
Old 05-21-2023, 01:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuanahto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I understand doing that is popular by todays real world youth groups you cannot think like this if you wish to advance as a human.

So let me approach this another way. What will you do if you do get said loot?
Or to look at this simpler, what will you do once your carrot on a stick, has no stick?

The carrot will lose meaning. This is why you are not playing Warcraft. Molten Core loot does not mean anything to do. This is why you do not play Star Wars Galaxies, Genonosian, Krayt weapons do not mean anything to you.

Everquest loot means something to you. But you lack the willpower to try.
I didn't say anything about being a Victim. Are you okay? I keep asking you questions, but instead of answering them directly you resort to red herrings and trying distract from the actual subject at hand. What does any of what you just have anything to do with the question I asked? I never once said we should just make the game extremely easy and everything easy to obtain. Me not playing this game and that game has no bearing why or why we shouldn't change the the end game raid scene. These are all red herring arguments. Please address the question directly or don't bother responding. Why do you think making the raid scene more accessible for people with limited playing time would be a bad thing? Not why we shouldn't make the server give handouts every chance you get, but why you shouldn't make it possible for someone who has limited play time to eventually get raid items?
Old 05-21-2023, 02:22 AM
Fire Giant

40% have sunk cost fallacy and 60% have some sort of physical or mental disability. Next question ?
Old 05-21-2023, 02:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
40% have sunk cost fallacy and 60% have some sort of physical or mental disability. Next question ?
That's probably an accurate assessment. Some people's behavior makes me wonder if maybe there real life is not very good. Perhaps they get some kind of pleasure out how trying to lord over other people the loot that they managed to get by having a lot of free time to spend playing an old game. It would be really funny if it wasn't so sad. I'm still curious though to some other perspectives. Is anyone who happens to actually have healthy well adjusted real life, they raids in one these guilds, that can give me their perspective on it?
Old 05-21-2023, 04:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't say anything about being a Victim.
Because no one ever comes out and say "I AM THE VICTIM" here unless it was directed by a Wayans Brother.

This thread was your awakening. No one agrees with you. Hard facts are thrown at you at all directions. But you keep deflecting. Once you find out that getting endgame loot was the game it would diminish 20+ years of you being being a fox saying grapes are dumb.

Humans... humans dont live as long as you think we do. 20 years of tutorial missions, 20 years of living, 20 years of nursing homes or on your way to a nursing home. And for those 20 years you wanted NTOV loot not knowing that once you have it, thats it. Between conflicting resolutions and an ending you didnt think about until my posts you want to not be on that hospital bed thinking about a net-like cape.

Goodbye, good luck, and leave me out of the suicide note.
Old 05-21-2023, 05:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Because no one ever comes out and say "I AM THE VICTIM" here unless it was directed by a Wayans Brother.

This thread was your awakening. No one agrees with you. Hard facts are thrown at you at all directions. But you keep deflecting. Once you find out that getting endgame loot was the game it would diminish 20+ years of you being being a fox saying grapes are dumb.

Humans... humans dont live as long as you think we do. 20 years of tutorial missions, 20 years of living, 20 years of nursing homes or on your way to a nursing home. And for those 20 years you wanted NTOV loot not knowing that once you have it, thats it. Between conflicting resolutions and an ending you didnt think about until my posts you want to not be on that hospital bed thinking about a net-like cape.

Goodbye, good luck, and leave me out of the suicide note.
There you go again, resorting to more red herrings instead of logical arguments. At this point I would say you're not worth replying to anymore. I would like to hear from mature adults. Nothing you have said so far has suggested that you are either of those.