Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-16-2023, 09:11 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did Ramal even say anything bad in any public space or was he straight-up canceled for private stuff dug up by some obsessive and sensitive pixel dick smoker? Lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
private stuff, in a channel named after ironic alt right shit. designed to post ironic right wing stupidity.
Old 04-17-2023, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did Ramal even say anything bad in any public space or was he straight-up canceled for private stuff dug up by some obsessive and sensitive pixel dick smoker? Lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i feel that
Old 06-07-2023, 12:45 AM
Planar Protector

any update or naw
Old 06-07-2023, 01:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PHIL!!!!! IM DRIVING ACROSS AMERICA NOW TO COME LIVE WITH YOU
PLS RESPOND

(lol)
Explain please
Old 06-07-2023, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

My thoughts from an unbiased perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iotola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) POGGATE. The following week, I was on Gingefish for another POG raid, and we had like 8-10 chanters, and so I logged over to Spat who was parked there and started healing. I get the @Spaturella being removed from event because too low (fair!), and I immediately logged back over to Gingefish that instant and continued the raid. I never heard anything about this, but this was brought up later as a reason for my removal, alleging AFK scumming etc. I never even got a /tell in game on Spat, I was removed from the event and said oh shoot, and logged over to Ginge. This was such a baseless allegation.
This is so easily solvable by communication at the time. Leadership is going a mile a minute during raids keeping everything organized. It's also difficult to figure out the reality when going back to look at logs for DKP. Given how unfortunately common AFK DKP scummers can be, if you don't communicate about it very clearly at the time, then people are not going to be very inclined to believe you later on. Might be unfair, but it just is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iotola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2) DIPGATE. I was raiding with the guild this night a few weeks ago, Dip was leading. As he often does, he was being rude and condescending and it culminated with him muting Supository in Discord. We need to hear our tank! He sent me a tell saying "wow this is so demoralizing" and muh heart broke for him a lil. The week prior, Dip had told our beloved cleric Shlimm to "shut up" in comms, and then muted him. Again, there was disruption to the CH chain because we have a cleric who is unable to communicate, and he said nothing out of line that deserved a muting. We lose targets because of stuff like this! I totally lost it on Dip and called him every name in the book but only in /tell and never in comms or /gui - no one even knew this was going on. Dip makes my skin crawl, and his voice makes my pubic hair grow, and if he thinks he can speak this way to members of the guild, i think he should be able to take some heat from me in /tell. But I fully accept this red card! I knew when I was letting Dip have it that I was going to face some sort of repercussions, and I wanted Dip to know what I think about him and the way he speaks to people. ILL TAKE THIS RED CARD! Oh, and by the way, when leadership is telling you about how offensive I am to "officers" - this is what they are referring to. The people who have recently taken personal issue with me (Deathtoll and a few others) - I don't really understand it. The ONLY PERSON I have thoroughly disrespected and who has the right to have a personal vendetta against me is Dip. That's the only GG member I have an issue with! And the morning after DIPGATE, I woke up to notification of my first red card, and they named the aforemention POGGATE as reason along with the Dip thing. And even that same day, I was buffing Dip and any/all GG members when we were raiding. I even buff Dip when I see him get rezzed without him asking! Mama didn't raise a shitter, and I never let my personal issues with Dip get in the way with me doing my chantering duties cuz I like to WIN, and we're a whole team. Frankly, if Dip could just tame his temper by one lil tick, I wouldn't have an issue with him personally, I know the guy gets the job done on raids, I just don't like the meanness. It's not okay for the big people to walk all over the smol people.
Honestly I just can't agree with you here. Don't get me wrong, raid leaders being rude and condescending can be annoying and bothersome. But...they are the raid leader and responsible for everything so it can be a tough job to be kind and polite in. Further, as raid leader they are fully within their rights to mute whomever they want and tell people to shut up in comms...that's actually a critical role of the raid leader. Further, why do you need the cleric talking in comms? Almost every raid I've been on the CH chain is called in guild chat or via in zone shout. Clerics have zero need to call CH chain in voice as it would just clutter comms with nonstop noise.

Messaging a raid leader to rip him a new one as an ordinary member isn't really something you should do. You can mention your concerns to other officers and they can decide what you should do. It's not your place to start yelling at the raid leader about what you personally perceive to be rudeness and/or poor handling of raids. If you're not okay with this then you really shouldn't be raiding at all IMO. I get that you're new to the raiding world, but this is the way it is. Honestly if I were guild leadership this incident alone would be enough to kick you from the guild.

Quote:
3) STGATE. Just about a week ago, I was working from home and got the MOTG notification on my phone. I went from work PC to funEQPC and vooted up and attempted to login to FOUR bots (all being piloted) before finally getting on Solaire. Admittedly, I arrived for literally the last few seconds. I didn't get to join CH chain or do anything at all. But I didn't think this prohibited me from bidding since I arrived for the death? Apparently, leadership has been making it sound like I ninja'd that shit! This was the two handed sword that often goes for 1 dkp, and we bid it up to 70, then gave 2 min warning, then 1 min warning, then logged over to Spaturella to loot. Only after this, I was notified I was being removed from the event for arriving too late (fair!). But we already bid the sword, and I won and looted - not sure what to do about that. I genuinely thought I was entitled to bid on this item. I think this was used as yet another excuse to boot me.
You really shouldn't have looted. Being present and actually contributing to the kill are two different things. If you logged in right at the end of it then you shouldn't be entitled to DKP or loot IMO. In any case, this is another thing that could've been solved by communication at the time. I get that you were bidding and maybe you thought that people would jump in and tell you if you weren't supposed to bid/loot, but usually on raids no one is tracking that in real time. It becomes clear when officers go back to put together the DKP numbers for everyone and see the logs where you showed up for the last like 5 seconds of the kill and then you're looting an item. So you can't always rely on others during the bidding process to tell you to remove yourself from the bidding. If you're not sure if you should bid at the time, ask the officers on the raid what the protocol is (whether in chat or in comms).
Old 06-07-2023, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Sir, this is a Wendys.
Old 06-07-2023, 10:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sir, this is a Wendys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7omia1.jpg (84.1 KB, 150 views)
Old 06-07-2023, 10:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My thoughts from an unbiased perspective.
Way too reasonable of a response for this forum.
Old 06-09-2023, 05:53 AM
Fire Giant

Basically the OP is a douche doing constant douche things and then crying when caught. So OP go fuck yourself you fucking loser. What a piece of shit.
Old 06-09-2023, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i started copy pasting it in 2000 words at a time and it went into AI therapist mode rofl

tl;dr in poem form

Going full T.S. Eliot.

I just wish more people read Keats. That all ye need to know, really. Or the Beatles. Can't go wrong with the Beatles.

OP is going everybody got something to hide 'cept for me and my monkey.

yeah yeah yeah yeah