Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 02-04-2023, 02:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol.

imagine if all the casuals did this, wonder how much more alive and well Blue would of been over the past couple years...decade...

there's a "ruin your own lands" eq joke in there somewhere but i don't care enough to make it.
I'm not sure what you mean. Almost everyone I played with on Mischief was from P99 (we had entire groups of P99 players, especially early on). Mischief was actually more fun than P99, but the rapid release of expansions made the shelf life of the server relatively short (I also wasn't crazy about boxing). Most of us quit around the time Planes of Power came out.

TLP is actually harder than P99 in a lot of ways. P99 is this slower-paced game where you can spend years developing your character, and that's awesome. People like to help each other and are mostly nice to one another. Again that is awesome.

TLP has some nice people too. People used to spend real life cash to boost our groups out of the kindness of their hearts. But at the same time, TLP is a much more cutthroat community on average because the game is more competitive. No one has a right to mobs, and groups will knowingly and regularly take your pulls if they can. So this doesn't really allow for players in your group to take lengthy AFK breaks, or to fall behind or make a lot of mistakes. The mechanics are different too. Root is almost useless on TLP, and mobs are smart. I remember mobs just running up and beating the shit out of my Cleric who didn't even do anything because they identified that I was a healer and that I should be focused.
Old 02-04-2023, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

i mean blue is stale to the point where a merge or just straight up deleting it would be a good idea. didn't read the rest of that nonsense cause i don't play on live servers. anymore. some literal drug addicts figured out how to merge two eq databases in 2000, not sure what the hold up is here.

lol.
Old 02-04-2023, 04:20 PM
Fire Giant

yall creepy
Old 02-04-2023, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yall creepy
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-04-2023, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

You are highly overestimating how much people care.
Old 02-04-2023, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are highly overestimating how much people care.
Old 02-04-2023, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not a persona, it's who I really am
Oof, your real personality is just to be continually aggravating to everyone you encounter? pathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also the irony of "imagine trying to make people mad." That's your entire schtick here. I doubt very seriously that you even play this game; you literally just come to a forum that advertises itself for ranting and flaming, and then complain that people who actually play the game use the forum to talk about the game rather than whining about politics and accusing people of spamming because they post a single thread every 3 days.
Talking about the game is one thing. Spamming threads about your relationship drama that nobody cares about is why nobody likes you guys.

And no, I'm not one of those retired from game forum lurkers, I do in fact play, not that it's relevant to this discussion in the slightest.
Old 02-04-2023, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Old 02-04-2023, 08:57 PM
Skeleton

And I thought the forum died out years ago... Guess I was wrong! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-04-2023, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klubba the Oracle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And I thought the forum died out years ago... Guess I was wrong! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they're real, and they're spectacular!