Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 06-04-2023, 04:20 PM
Fire Giant

Rode the speed skates out to the beach for sunset. Smoked a j while watching this. Groovy mannnn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7266.jpg (21.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-04-2023, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Made it back to Texas. Took 18 days. My son flew up to anchorage and my wife flew to Denver to help take care of his kids. Son and I drove back with my truck and camper and we stayed in the camper usually 1-2 days at a time and got a hotel 1 night for a shower. Hiked and camped all across Canada, Stone Mountain provincial park, Jasper, Banff, Muncho lake, etc. didn’t do as much in the US. We saw 26 bears in Canada. Most just while driving, but we encountered 5 black bears hiking. Luckily the 4 grizzlies we saw were while driving. Two were in Jasper National park just before icefields parkway, two were outside Watson Lake, Canada

Anyway, I highly recommend everyone at least drive from Banff to Jasper and back again. I thought Jasper to Banff was more scenic, although I did the latter more recently (over a year apart) so maybe that’s why
Only place I've been I felt was more beautiful than the Western US; Banff/Jasper that is
Old 06-04-2023, 08:49 PM
Fire Giant

Kids entertained themselves for quite a while this morning.
Old 06-06-2023, 11:04 PM
Banned

Only got 1.3k views on this YouTube short

I don’t get how some people’s shorts go viral. I saw a short on fb of someone giving a snake water with like 10+ million views

Ah well…

https://youtube.com/shorts/
Old 06-07-2023, 01:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tinder date catfished me
that shit is real

my autistic sister is 40k+ in debt because of catfishers, she fell for it multiple times *SMH*

the FBI was at my mom's house a few months ago, no joke, my parents gave the FBI my sister's phone and now keep a clone phone to monitor her.

they said it was russian guys.
Last edited by Trexller; 06-07-2023 at 01:03 AM..
Old 06-07-2023, 01:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that shit is real

my autistic sister is 40k+ in debt because of catfishers, she fell for it multiple times *SMH*

the FBI was at my mom's house a few months ago, no joke, my parents gave the FBI my sister's phone and now keep a clone phone to monitor her.

they said it was russian guys.
O shit, I watch a YouTube channel dedicated to true stories about romance scams called Scamfish. That’s crazy you know someone who had it happen. The ones I hear about are surprisingly sophisticated and almost always from Laos, Nigeria

But that wasn’t what happened for me. That’s the ultra-extreme version of catfishing, but the term just means to look worse than your pic, which is what happened for me. I’ve had friends, co-workers, and family tell me they’ve just bailed right then if the date looked noticeably worse than their pic, but I’m a people-pleaser and could never do that. I’ll still stick out the date and be engaging no matter what they look like

Plus nowadays most people know how to take a really good pic, and some people edit further with filters. So almost everyone, including me, catfishes their date to some degree. It’s just that Friday it was pretty bad. But she was happily bouncing in place as I walked up, so no way in fuck am I going to go “oh hell no” and leave right then. Would be devastating. We had at least a 2 hour date of food, beer, arcade, fun obstacle course. I just never texted anymore after the generic “thanks for coming I had fun” pleasantries after that
Old 06-07-2023, 01:31 AM
Planar Protector

is it really cat fishing if it's 2 hours of wholesome fun?

that's like a mormon one night stand

maybe that's all she needed
Old 06-07-2023, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

The wildfire smoke isn't too bad today. Was able to open windows this morning and drive to work with them cracked open. Felt so good.

It's forecast to get bad again tonight and tomorrow, with a chance of dry thunderstorms. Wtf even is a dry thunderstorm right? Nobody even remembers that being a threat here but here we are.

https://twitter.com/GaryHershorn/sta...Cw3ZPW-54uAAAA

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-07-2023, 08:12 PM
Banned

^
Heard about that shit in NY, it’s all over the news. They say people’s lungs are burning. Crazy…
Old 06-08-2023, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^
Heard about that shit in NY, it’s all over the news. They say people’s lungs are burning. Crazy…
Oh I felt it even being inside in the office all day. And this morning the sneezing and blowing my nose made me smell and taste the smoke.

And not a damned thing anyone can do about it other than wear N95 masks again for some relief, or stay sealed up indoors with air purifiers.

I think yesterday NYC clocked in as the worst air quality in the world, even surpassing those dirty Indian cities.