Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 06-07-2023, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Blue or Green? I might have a couple starter items to help you if you're on Blue.
Old 08-27-2023, 08:21 PM
Skeleton

My main character on Live was a Shaman and mobs that I struggled with at level 43 became so easy with level 44 spells that I could kill 2 of them at a time.

It will get better.
Old 08-29-2023, 12:08 PM
Fire Giant

Basically NEVER cast a DoT while soloing, unless you get impatient, or know you need to kill a mob quickly. Shaman DoT's are super mana inneficient. Get a decent weapon, haste item if you can afford it, and slow / face tank. Your pet is your best dot.

It is far more efficient to use your mana to heal yourself than it is using it for dots or nukes
Old 08-31-2023, 12:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically NEVER cast a DoT while soloing, unless you get impatient, or know you need to kill a mob quickly. Shaman DoT's are super mana inneficient. Get a decent weapon, haste item if you can afford it, and slow / face tank. Your pet is your best dot.

It is far more efficient to use your mana to heal yourself than it is using it for dots or nukes
From 40-49 or so, I slow tanked with pet behind meleeing. 21% haste, Granite Face Grinder and biggest slow you've got. (Although I used Drowsy until Turgurs)

Can go on consistently without needing mana for DoTs. I used Drowsy because its only 20 mana cost and 25% slow, so super efficient.

Spectres were tough for me at 40, because they hit so hard. And they also stun / lifetap proc. At 40, I found great success with rogue / monk / warrior / ranger duos in places like Cazic Thule. City of Mist is also a good spot if you can get there during off-hours, specifically the stables. The mobs hit hard there, but a big slow should work well.