Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 01-11-2023, 11:29 AM
Orc

Default Hate Recalculation affects bards PL?

I haven't tested this yet, but has the hate recalculation as of the latest patch affected the ability for bards to PL using their level 54 AOE snare song to hold aggro?

12.24.22 Patch Notes:
- Adjusted aggro formula calculations for spell SPAs: AC/Atk Debuff, Snare, Slow, Blind, Stun, Fear, Spinstun, Charm, Mez.
- The SPA above are capped at 1200 aggro, or 400 if the player is not high enough level to use the spell (Ex: Procs).
- Removed an overall spell cap of 400 aggro if player was not high enough level for the spell. This is instead capped per SPA Above.
- Bards are now capped at 140 aggro per song/spell/proc in all circumstances.
Old 01-11-2023, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

hopefully its nerfed, death to all plvl forms
Old 01-11-2023, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

What ever happened to Chardok AE?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wanna say half that group wasn't aware they were there to be martyrs.
Old 01-13-2023, 01:33 PM
Fire Giant

Yes, it has affected it.

Druid and Bard snare do not give nearly the same hate as before, which makes PLing a little more precarious.
Old 01-23-2023, 03:16 AM
Kobold

Have to pulse aoe snare/slow song like 3 times to grab agro off a melee.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:40 PM
Kobold

Oh it takes more than that. I tried tanking a +6 dragon outside ToV and I could not pull aggro off the rogue no matter how many times I spammed snare. Ditto for mez. The only thing that worked reliably, was AE DoT songs + melee. i.e. Denon's Bereavement, Denon's Disruptive Discord, etc. i.e. it took actual damage to pull aggro.

Granted, this is not the usual thing bards tank. And I'm sure the rogue could have evaded more, had he known how borked aggro had become. But we were both learning on the spot, that we could not assume my aggro was overwhelming.

It's not completely broken, I can still generate aggro more reliably than a warrior, it's just not the snap paladin-type aggro it used to be. It makes tanking spicy.
Old 06-05-2023, 12:23 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It makes tanking spicy.
I lol'ed at this. But thanks for the report Borak. Noted. I tried as well to take aggro off some low levels in Oasis on crocs and I had difficulty holding aggro with just the level 54 AOE snare song as well.
Old 06-11-2023, 05:53 PM
Sarnak

The over-correction on Bard aggro is pretty rough in my opinion.

I'd really like to see this dialed back from the adjustment in the last patch.

This is also affecting SKs with disease cloud and all melee weapons with disease/poison-based procs that used to be pretty decent at aggro but now are next to useless. (Reference: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=412816)

So I'd suggest something like this:

- Add back in (at least some) hate generated from disease/poison counters from weapon procs. E.g. Infestation and Feverblade should generate some additional aggro.
- Bards aggro cap at something like ~220-300 aggro per song/(NOT spells)/(NOT procs).
- Allow bards to procs weapons for aggro like other classes
- Allow bards to use clickies for aggro like other classes.

Any classes using a bio orb or scepter of the forlorn or mallet clicks etc should be allowed to generate more aggro. It doesn't make sense that only bards are nerfed by this cap.

Aside: Now if the goal is to stop bards from AOE kiting in places like velks, we can make other adjustments to the game to make this happen. For example, the spiders in velks could get the summon ability or the AOE snare song could be resisted by all spiders or only single target bard snare works in velks etc.

Aside two: If the goal is to stop bard AOE PL there would be other ways to effect this as well. E.g. limiting zones where AOE snare song can be sung. E.g. "Selo's Assonant Strane" is only castable in 40+ zones. Or maybe would be easier to just block it in guks/CT/crystal caverns/sola/etc
Last edited by busted; 06-11-2023 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: add note on disease procs
Old 06-11-2023, 06:31 PM
Sarnak

Additional aggro nerf reference for melee weapon procs here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=416613

Lets get these fixed. Much love ❤️
Old 06-11-2023, 08:56 PM
Sarnak

Also the master list of evidence of the classic bard aggro mechanics https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=416857 (This is impressive detective work!)