Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2023, 02:11 PM
Large Rat

Default Looking to start out questing for gear on a Barbarian Rogue

Hi everyone,

This is definitely NOT going to be the best way to go about doing this, but it might be the most rewarding path in the end.

Basically, I want to run around Norrath doing quests to collect gear and whatever loot drops I can find along the way to gear up a Barbarian Rogue. I have a pretty good idea idea of how slow & difficult it will be if I primarily solo my way through this, but I envision myself hopefully finding other adventurers along my travels who will assist me in acquiring said gear.

This playstyle is more of the "Take your time and enjoy the journey" approach, and so with that being said, do any of you guys & gals have some quests & zones that you've already adventured in (even if some of the zones are way off the beaten path) that you care to recommend and share?

Starting out, I'd be doing all the quests in Halas and Everfrost Peaks to get my stuff, culminating in getting the Black Wolf armor and then venturing outward from there.

I would like to move from zone to zone and continent to continent to canvas the world. Basically the whole "Wandering Hero" idea. If Barbarian Rogue is truly an awful choice, I am open to a Paladin as well, but I would like to attempt this mainly as a Rogue if possible for the challenge, while looking for the best AC gear I can find along the way (at the appropriate level), and joining up with others to help with tougher stuff when applicable.

I am also not opposed at all to doing my own trade skilling as well to help gear up when necessary.

Thanks all. I appreciate your advice & suggestions very much.

Uza