Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2021, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

A bat killed my level 2 Paladin in 2000 outside FP. Please make bats double attack and raise their level range to 3-5 instead of 1.

Thank you for my new fresh server.
Old 12-13-2021, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CHA gear isn't supposed to effect charm, it has minimal to no effect and maybe even a negative effect. We won't have to argue over the evidence in the bug reports soon I'm just reverse engineering the charm function from a year 2000 client.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

When you say a y2k client what do you mean? A user client? Aka what you get from installation disks?

Or somehow a server client? I thought that was lost.

Curious what you’re working with
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-13-2021, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Me too and that's all I'd really hope or care about. I'm less interested in the channeling mechanic and more interested in the impact it would have on a fresh server. Green and Blue are too far gone now even though this would change the meta quite a bit it wouldn't undo the damage and fix the mudflation that already happened.
You don’t play on P99 so why care lol
Old 12-14-2021, 02:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A bat killed my level 2 Paladin in 2000 outside FP. Please make bats double attack and raise their level range to 3-5 instead of 1.

Thank you for my new fresh server.
I like your commitment to the classic experience.
Old 12-14-2021, 02:53 AM
Orc

I really get a laugh reading these posts supporting nerfing character mechanics because they say they want more difficulty and more of the classic experience. Then they create a character and immediately transfer thousands of plat, bags of spells, armor, weapons, etc...to that character. You want classic difficulty? Start a new character with nothing like you're supposed to do. Not one item or copper transferred. And don't get yourself power leveled, you lazy bums. Play the game. Find groups. Socialize. You don't like the game enough to do all that? Maybe EQ isn't the game for you. If you want to play solo all the time, perhaps Diablo or Skyrim are more your style. Maybe instead of changing the game mechanics that everyone uses to suit you, try changing you to suit the game the way it is for everyone.
Old 12-14-2021, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valik1016 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really get a laugh reading these posts supporting nerfing character mechanics because they say they want more difficulty and more of the classic experience. Then they create a character and immediately transfer thousands of plat, bags of spells, armor, weapons, etc...to that character. You want classic difficulty? Start a new character with nothing like you're supposed to do. Not one item or copper transferred. And don't get yourself power leveled, you lazy bums. Play the game. Find groups. Socialize. You don't like the game enough to do all that? Maybe EQ isn't the game for you. If you want to play solo all the time, perhaps Diablo or Skyrim are more your style. Maybe instead of changing the game mechanics that everyone uses to suit you, try changing you to suit the game the way it is for everyone.
This exactly. The game is as classic as you want it to be.

Also, twinking is the true end game of EQ, so let people play the end game.
Old 12-14-2021, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valik1016 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well Az can’t do any of that because he doesn’t actually play on P99. But I support your general sentiment
Old 12-15-2021, 09:10 AM
Banned

Naw ur supposed to twink, like mid level gear tho. Or dark forge and a dark reaver.

Not fungi and BiS gear. Or velious armor.
Old 12-15-2021, 10:12 AM
Banned

imagine if this assten guy put this much effort into his real life.

dude would be president. holy fuck
Old 12-15-2021, 01:17 PM
Banned

kief u like wheel of times lesbian kiss scene a lot dontchu

u should have voted for hillary/harris 2024
Closed Thread