Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 01:41 AM
Aviak

Default 32 dr00d looking for levels!

I'm about halfway thru 32 ATM and decided to scope out Velious cuz doing the giant fort in Warsliks was getting crazy boring. Am I too low level for zones like Iceclad and Crystal Caverns (which is where I really wanna go and check out) and Tower of Frozen Shadow?

At the moment, I've been soloing, but I'd prefer to duo/group if I can. My druid's name is Gongos if anybody's in the area and wants to group up!

(Also, I'm not twinked at all, so gearing up/making moneys is near the top on my list of priorities.)
Old 06-18-2016, 02:18 AM
Planar Protector

The term Dr00d is so classic, but this is the only time I have seen anyone else use it!

I don't have anything to group with you at the moment, but have you tried killing snow cougars in Iceclad yet? Charm, fear kite, root root; lots of options for you to keep the play interesting.
Old 06-18-2016, 03:13 AM
Aviak

Yeah, but killing kitties in the cold isn't exactly my idea of "fun", ya know? Ideally, I'd like to be in a dungeon of some sort.

lol and yeah, I always remember seeing things like "don't touch the dr00ds! I'm camping them!" or "d0rfs r campd bakoff!!" back on Live
Old 06-18-2016, 08:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skottomania [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, but killing kitties in the cold isn't exactly my idea of "fun", ya know? Ideally, I'd like to be in a dungeon of some sort.
Not sure if you're looking for Velious specifically, but if not I'd check out SolA. You could probably find a duo there. If not, you can port someone if you want to offer picking someone up for a group.
Worst case scenario, you could try MM...
Old 06-18-2016, 10:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skottomania [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The cougars in Iceclad run much faster than normal mobs and have high enough resists that you'll take frequent hits while trying to snare/charm them. Don't use wolf form in Velious either, as you'll be kos with all the NPC factions.

29-34 was kind of a grindy bummer. 34-39 too.. I honestly can't remember what I did during the 30s. So much back and forth trying different zones, different camps, quadding this and that, it all blurred together.

Quote:
lol and yeah, I always remember seeing things like "don't touch the dr00ds! I'm camping them!" or "d0rfs r campd bakoff!!" back on Live
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've been rereading a lot of old EQ webcomics lately.
Last edited by Bummey; 06-18-2016 at 10:10 AM..
Old 06-18-2016, 01:53 PM
Aviak

Ha! That's the EXACT comic I was thinking about! I have fond memories of skater gnome too.

"so i attack him and i cant hit him that hard but he sure is beating me up fast and suddenly like 10 of his friends all run out to help him

but check this out. suddenly i see their exploiting cause ALL OF THEM ARE NAEMED THE SAME THING

so im shouting 'dervish your a cheater you expoiter!!' "
Old 06-20-2016, 08:37 AM
Sarnak

If you got balls, you can probably still charm kill alligators in Cazic Thule. Its out doors so harmony works. Easier with an enchanter buddy, but perfectly viable. Not sure if allis give xp up to 34 or 35..

You could also charm the cougars in Iceclad Ocean, but velious sucks the d for xp.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:53 PM
Fire Giant

32 was a good level to do the AC camp in guk..its a good afk charm/root rot camp for a druid and you can get some gatorscale legs since dr00d gear is a priority for you
Old 06-21-2016, 02:15 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
32 was a good level to do the AC camp in guk..its a good afk charm/root rot camp for a druid and you can get some gatorscale legs since dr00d gear is a priority for you
That camp is something that I could do solo?
Old 06-21-2016, 08:32 AM
Fire Giant

Yep, the crocs spawn in variations of the AC solo to 5 non named crocs..and you can single pull them..

I would root rot the singles, and use charm to kill 2 at a time of the others
Closed Thread