Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 11:44 AM
Kobold

Default Former Povar player returning to the classic game

Hello All, I am really excited about joining this community and server. I was talking with my son who plays multiple MMO's with me about old school EQ and the hardcore grinds, Corpse runs in Chardok with the big coffins on my necro, hunting for the pre-nerf COS and sneaking through Freeport.

I am excited that I will finally get a chance to show him what it is like thanks to P99. I will be looking to find the titanium editions and get all set up tonight. hope to see you all in game soon. Any other Povar refugees here?
Old 04-30-2015, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Who was your char on Povar and what guild(s) were you in?
Old 04-30-2015, 12:34 PM
Kobold

Old school Povar'ian here (1999-2003ish).
My original mains were:
Izza Iksar Monk
Thelodan Dwarf Cleric

I also just recently found P99 myself, reinstalled only a few months ago.
Best gaming decision I've made in 10+ years.

Welcome back to the fold! GL with the grind!
Old 04-30-2015, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Hesyous - High Elf Chanter

Dafier Furor - High Elf Mage

Edit:

1999 - 2004ish
Old 04-30-2015, 01:36 PM
Kobold

I was Tarkhis a dark elf necro on Povar back in the day 99- 03ish.

I was originally in Shards of Valor, we merged with Harmonium right before they left the server and my friends and I stayed behind to form Crimson Tide and eventually found my way into Nightmare Asylum and Forces Unknown just before POF was finally broken.

I did spend a lot of time up in POS doing necro ports as well for people working on epics. I remember running with people in Stoic and RA.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

I was in Inverse Logic for a long time until for some odd reason the GL and his douche officers decided I no longer needed anything...ever, even though I showed up to every raid and did my job AWESOME!

I then joined FireStormers and eventually became an officer for.....1 or 2 months, then ALL raids and all activities fell in to my lap which I didn't want.

So, I left (this was PoP time frame) and joined....some other guild that was destroying SSRA and everything else. Got a few peices of gear then that guild disbanded....completely. I was in Stoic for a while too. I did some PoP stuff in Stoic.

My ex-girl was in Harmonium back in 99/2000. They were the top guild until they left the server. Then it was Triton. Yes yes....Rising Accension was good too, but sorry, Triton was the best imo.

I was never good enough to join Triton though.

Overall I experienced a ton of stupid drama in EQ. Almost everyone was a greedy punk ass and treated you like a jerk. And, unless you were a Officer or GL you got NOTHING! Some guilds had DKP later on and that helped with loots.

I DO have to thank IL (an officer) for getting me my last pieces of my Epic (Mage). I am sure it was them....I can't remember lol.

I am going to rage a bit on the IL original GL. He played a druid at first. Then switched to a monk. He used the guild to help him get his epic asap and then wouldn't help guildies help them get theirs. He did of course help his officers. The guy that I met EARLY on, Kunark days (druid), was a really cool guy. After he started running the guild he turned in to a selfish douchebag like so many others.

All in all I loved Povar and made a lot of friends. Your name is beyond familiar and I am sure you did a few Corpse Summons for me in PoS (7th isle).

Also....I believe I was in FU for a while.....it's been so long that I really don't remember. I do know that I was in one of the top guilds though. I was cool with my guildies. I always helped out. I played my Mage for most of the game because the Enchanter was nerfed so hard......
Last edited by dafier; 04-30-2015 at 04:19 PM..
Old 04-30-2015, 04:20 PM
Large Bat

another Povar refugee here, played a bard named Pandolin and was in Firestormers also from about NToV time up until Quarm.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Pandolin. I was an officer during NToV time frame. Do you remember Dafier Furor?

Your name escapes me
Old 04-30-2015, 04:37 PM
Kobold

Crimson Tide?
I was in there for a time IIRC, they were run by Shabba - Shaman and his wife? Her name escapes me. Triton, Inverse Logic, Stoic... haha the memories.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

It was funny....IL wasn't that good for a long time. After I left they got some really good raiders from other guild....dropouts from Triton and better guilds. Then they started to shine.

Stoic started off small....then exploded. I really liked that guild. A lot of good people.
Closed Thread