Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 03-02-2023, 12:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My order would be epic > Fungi > Tstaff > finish off haste
Usually agree with Crede here as well but a long time ago at 52 on my monk I sold my fungi and bought Demon fang loot rights with the plat. I felt like I solo’d far worse with the epic than I did with the fungi. Can’t remember exactly what I was using for weapons but I think it was either IFS or Epic/SoS.

If I were you I’d keep the fungi and do as others have suggested and try to get your epic. The first 3 fights are easy duos and the final fight you can probably post here asking for help and drum up enough support to get Xenovorash dead. Fungi, Epic, IFS and pretty much any haste is good enough to solo to 60 on a monk.
Old 03-02-2023, 12:14 AM
Fire Giant

Sorry for double post but I think this is especially true with a human rather than iksar. The fungi is going to help even more since you are missing out on the extra regen.
Old 03-02-2023, 12:20 AM
Fire Giant

+1 to everything the others said, but to answer the original question, Fungi > +12% haste.

If it were me, I'd probably use the plat for Chardok Pipe MQ and get your epic. After grinding out a few more levels, you can always camp your own fungi—just bring a few friends (namely, a chanter + cleric). It's a fun pull, and I'd be happy to explain it.

EDIT: If you'd rather just grind on your mage to fund your monk's fungi, that's a very obtainable approach, but way less fun imho.
Last edited by Keebz; 03-02-2023 at 12:22 AM..
Old 03-02-2023, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

The fungi is better than it looks because it’s not just the regen during the fight but while running around and splitting.

Ideally you are going to kill npcs that dont take 90% of your hps so the difference between even a FBSS and quality haste while noticeably better shouldn’t be make or break. 16% more haste is a 8% swing speed delay reduction (100% haste = 50% reduction in delay).
Old 03-02-2023, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Get the fungi
Old 03-05-2023, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

9000 HP per hour vs 36% haste. Depends. I'm finding in group situations, where I'm tanking, I'm way preferring a high AC / HP chest. A fungi would provide an extra equivalent to 3/4 complete heals an hour. I'd rather mitigate more damage, proc more, and have more strength. Killing a thing faster is also a great way to stop damage, so consider that. Fungi super super good for solo and still pretty good grouping. If you're tanking, I feel it becomes redundant with a healer and would rather speed up kills.

tl;dr: Fungi is overall better. Get that and budget haste/epic.
Last edited by Cecily; 03-05-2023 at 01:26 PM..
Old 03-06-2023, 08:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monk epic is probably the easiest one of all. Even for an unguilded monk on p99 it's pretty attainable. You can camp raster on your own but might need some help with targin and once you get your robe of the lost circle you have a few options. You can try to camp the pipes yourself, or spend some time farming plat to buy a MQ. My 2 favorite plat farming spots for a monk are high keep guards or crystal caverns geos.

Once you're able to get your next robe the final 4 fights are easy and fast. I see people post on here a lot asking for help and there never seems to be a shortage of people who are willing to lend a hand.
That’s exactly what I did when I did mine. I was in a very small friends guild at the time and just reached out to the community for help and lots of people turned out to lend a hand. I find you can get lots of people to help in here because so many are just looking for something fun to do.
Old 03-08-2023, 01:38 AM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Haste_Guide

Until you are 55, with enchanter haste you are near enough haste caped anyways. Even 55-60, i mean nothing beats a fungi.

Fungi changes what you can do. 80% haste to 95% haste doesnt
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 03-08-2023, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

When I was leveling my monk, which was my first character so I had limited plat, I sold my fungi to buy my epic and I have absolutely zero regrets.

Logically the fungi is the better choice, but nothing compares to having your epic. Killing things 40% faster also means you take 40% less damage when soloing. Plus having the spell haste lets you farm a lot faster.

Now if the choice is fungi vs worn haste, fungi 100% of the time and then just grab SCHW.
Old 03-11-2023, 07:15 AM
Fire Giant

not only fungi does have more impact, it also retains value way better than seahorse belt

there is a reason many lvl 60 monks still wear fungi