Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 02-19-2023, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean it’s definitely all about RNG. But I found over the course of an hours solo grinding session I would get far more kills in with the epic. It’s not a make or break item, but for me, it made grinding way more efficient. I pretty much exclusively solo’d to 60 and it just made things so much faster for me. Different strokes I guess.
prob i solo'd to 60 as well, with sky cloak +swiftwind +sboz, just cleared lfay brownies for easy ass exp, the proc usually wouldnt land until they were running half the time. it depends on what ya fight i guess. soloing KC prob better to have epic.
Old 02-19-2023, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

It deffo depends. On stuff you can churn through just go ahead and churn. On stuff like a dark assassin which takes a while to defeat - having a slow land, even if after a minute or two, really helps.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 02-20-2023, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

people tend to remember the slow procs at 10% and not the slow procs at 95%

just sayin
Old 02-20-2023, 11:24 AM
Banned

I had one that landed right on engagement yesterday.

Feelsgoodman
Old 02-20-2023, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

If you are going to melee stuff to level, that is hitting you, slowing is a huge benefit. A ranger can joust until they get a slow proc because they can root what they are fighting.

I did this to my high 50's with hard hitting stuff I didnt want to bow down (like Drolvarg Ravishers). Even w/o a proc on the Swarmcaller often the joust dmg would outrun their damage. If you get an early proc, great. Keep attack on and enjoy feeling tough.
Old 02-20-2023, 12:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are going to melee stuff to level, that is hitting you, slowing is a huge benefit. A ranger can joust until they get a slow proc because they can root what they are fighting.

I did this to my high 50's with hard hitting stuff I didnt want to bow down (like Drolvarg Ravishers). Even w/o a proc on the Swarmcaller often the joust dmg would outrun their damage. If you get an early proc, great. Keep attack on and enjoy feeling tough.
Quick questions regarding jousting and bow soloing:

Jousting works best with a 2 hander weapon, correct? I've never really soloed enough with a melee character to learn jousting.

Can you solo with a bow in the 50s? If so, what's the best strat? Root/bow, bow kite until mob is running? is it viable with a Tolan's Bracer and a decent bow?
Old 02-20-2023, 06:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quick questions regarding jousting and bow soloing:

Jousting works best with a 2 hander weapon, correct? I've never really soloed enough with a melee character to learn jousting.

Can you solo with a bow in the 50s? If so, what's the best strat? Root/bow, bow kite until mob is running? is it viable with a Tolan's Bracer and a decent bow?
Yes. The harder hitting weapon the better. Root, step out of ranger until the swing timer is up, then step back in.

Bow kiting is doable but super slow. Works if you’re trying to solo something you’d otherwise be unable to melee down, assuming it doesn’t summon, but I’d never recommend it as a means of actually exp grinding.
Old 02-22-2023, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

You can joust with a 1h too if going for a proc but a swarmcaller is better for that. Or like an Earthshaker. You are just more likely to do a moderate to nice dmg round and the slower swing delay means a higher chance of the proc happening.

Once the button is held down all weapon procs are normalized (procs per minute). An earthcaller has like half the chance to proc per swing (since half the delay) compared to the swarmcaller, but the same per minute of melee.

Yea I would bow rot stuff. Get a velium bow, equip a 2h. it works ok if the mob doesnt have a ton of hps.