Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2023, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You realize the national debt soared when the fatass you worship was president, and groomers like Gaetz raised the debt ceiling three times rather than risk his wrath for not kissing the ring?
The debt ceiling goes up with every President.
Old 02-16-2023, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think a good solution would be a week or more long workers strike across the nation until certain conditions are met. Will never happen though.

I still don’t see how tax cuts for the rich would benefit me. I kind of understand what you’re getting at, and in principle I completely agree. Our government isn’t working for you and I, but the people who have all the dough. Which isn’t you or I, so I still don’t really understand how tax cuts for the rich would help. I’ve always assumed raising taxes on the wealthiest folks would really help social programs and infrastructure (if the money actually goes where it’s supposed to, big what if).

I mean doesn’t it bother you how some of the wealthiest people and corporations in the country barely pay any taxes? Some of them none at all.
You don't get it, giving more billions to the ultra-wealthy elites who flew with Trump on Epstein's plane is the best way to help the working class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The debt ceiling goes up with every President.
Not this time according to the GOPtards in Congress, they want to gut social security and medicare first.
Last edited by Horza; 02-16-2023 at 05:00 PM..
Old 02-16-2023, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't get it, giving more billions to the ultra-wealthy elites who flew with Trump on Epstein's plane is the best way to help the working class.

Not this time according to the GOPtards in Congress, they want to gut social security and medicare first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm Batman.
Old 02-16-2023, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You realize the national debt soared when the fatass you worship was president
https://www.thebalancemoney.com/us-d...ercent-3306296

Quote:
Top 5 Presidents Who Contributed to the Debt by Percentage

President Roosevelt added the largest percentage increase to the national debt. Although he only added $236 billion, this was an increase of about 1,048% from the $22.5 billion debt level left by President Herbert Hoover before him. The Great Depression and the New Deal contributed to FDR's yearly deficits, but the biggest cost was World War II—it added $186.3 billion to the debt between 1942 and 1945.3
Woodrow Wilson (1913-1921)

President Wilson was the second-largest contributor to the debt, percentage-wise. He added about $21 billion, which was a 723% increase over the $2.9 billion debt of his predecessor. World War I contributed to the deficits that raised the national debt.3
Ronald Reagan (1981-1989)

President Reagan increased the debt by $1.86 trillion, or by 186%. Reagan's supply-side economics didn't grow the economy enough to offset the lost revenue from its tax cuts. Reagan also increased the defense budget by 35%.4
George W. Bush (2001-2009)

President Bush added $5.85 trillion to the national debt. That's a 101% increase, putting him in fourth. Bush launched the War on Terror in response to the 9/11 attacks, which led to multi-trillion-dollar spending on the War in Afghanistan and the War in Iraq. Bush also dealt with the 2001 recession and the 2008 financial crisis.5
Barack Obama (2009-2017)

Under President Obama, the national debt grew the most in dollar terms ($8.6 trillion) and was fifth by percentage at 74%. Obama fought the Great Recession with an $831 billion economic stimulus package and added $858 billion through tax cuts. Even though the fiscal year 2009 budget was set by President Bush, Obama added to it with the Economic Stimulus Act in 2009.
Obama and a bunch of others got him covered.
Old 02-16-2023, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think a good solution would be a week or more long workers strike across the nation until certain conditions are met. Will never happen though.

I still don’t see how tax cuts for the rich would benefit me. I kind of understand what you’re getting at, and in principle I completely agree. Our government isn’t working for you and I, but the people who have all the dough. Which isn’t you or I, so I still don’t really understand how tax cuts for the rich would help. I’ve always assumed raising taxes on the wealthiest folks would really help social programs and infrastructure (if the money actually goes where it’s supposed to, big what if).

I mean doesn’t it bother you how some of the wealthiest people and corporations in the country barely pay any taxes? Some of them none at all.
The tax cuts for the rich benifit you because theyre really more "tax cuts" and it does affect your income, like when the tax cuts for the rich happen, i still make like more $ each month than I did before.

I hope you're withholding more because we need to pay more this year than we did last year. All of us.

The point I am making isnt that tax cuts for the rich, trickle down and help you some how.

The point is, that taxES for the rich dont either.

With tax cuts you do pay less, that actually helps me.

On the contrary, bail outs, actually make the cost of goods MORE so its a reverse tax on me, and those end up making me pay more out of pocket, and they just GIVE money to the people we're supposed to be taxing?

And then we celebrate that as a success for the administration, and we let them write MORE checks?

That's trickle down economics if anything is.

Also I been audited, and you will too, because we're not part of the rich group that doesn't get audited.
Old 02-16-2023, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Link claim
Old 02-16-2023, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sweden isn't america, and faces different crime fighting challenges.

if you put the average american prison lifer into one of their "dormitory prisons" they would destroy the furniture, create hundreds of shivs, and ass-fuck the warden.

learn something about the world, then come back and talk to me.
Why is it that Sweden doesn’t create people like this and we do? I’m very interested in that analysis
Old 02-16-2023, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
my main point is they dont if we raise or lower taxes.

But I pay more when they raise them, and I pay less when they lower them, so thets how it directly affects me.

But also because our goverment needs to trim the fat and find out why taxes for 320 mill Americans results in a net loss every year.

Because with raising them, year after year, public schools, police, and infrastructure, have all gotten worse and worse.
Old 02-16-2023, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
But that seems to be all you do, man. All you post here is about how the left is ruining the entire country, and seem to be completely unwilling to even entertain that you’re misinformed. I’ve also noticed you believe many conspiracy theories. You basically are the very person you’re always harping about. So I don’t understand how your personal grievances are the fault of an entire political party, when in fact you should know, the entire system is fucked and needs an overhaul.

However most people would prefer that overhaul be done democratically and by the people, not by a group of fascists which you seem to think is Biden somehow? Despite the obvious signs coming from the right side of the isle.

Anyways not trying to attack you or anything just sayin.
Aisle*

Public schools are important
Old 02-16-2023, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my main point is they dont if we raise or lower taxes.
Trump's fellow Epstein plane-flyers would absolutely pay more if you raised like property and capital gains taxes, I really do think you should take your meds Jib.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But I pay more when they raise them, and I pay less when they lower them, so thets how it directly affects me.

But also because our goverment needs to trim the fat and find out why taxes for 320 mill Americans results in a net loss every year.

Because with raising them, year after year, public schools, police, and infrastructure, have all gotten worse and worse.
lol big edit but bullshit you making half a million a year, I'd be shocked if you even pay federal taxes.
Closed Thread