Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2023, 11:37 PM
Banned

Well, fair enough. Like I said, someone once fucked up my decals. Back when I lived in a small town in south Georgia, people broke into my place all the time. It got annoying to the point that I moved.

It just seems to me conservatives griping about bailouts and shit like this, while not seeing that it is the very system they otherwise support that actually causes it, annoys the shit out of me.

Wanting to kill bad CEOs is well enough, but thinking that alone will make "crony capitalism" go away is silly. It would just be someone else, if not Musk or Bezos.

They're putting the cart before the horse. It's not top down or bottom up, it should be both at once!
Old 03-12-2023, 11:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Least psychotic LTOV adherent.
i'm a hypercapitalist when people's livelihoods aren't at stake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-12-2023, 11:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The answer to degeneracy isn’t to become a degenerate. You can’t build by destroying, despite what people like to say. Revolutions are almost always violent enterprises that result in chaos instead of progress

We should want more rule of law but importantly, that to be applied to our corporate and government class. I agree with you that the shoplifter isn’t shit compared to whatever unethical bull shit Jeff Bezos has had to do in his career, but I disagree that we should look the other way. Again, we need paramedics. Hard, hard job I’m sure. But it pays a living wage and it’s extremely important

We should be raising the bar as a population for our collective morality imo
how is anything made of wood produced? do we grow the trees in molds that shape them into tables, chairs, etc? i don't think looking away from shoplifting entirely is right either but i'm not gonna be the one to rat out someone with a baby needing to steal formula because some ceo decided to double the cost just to line their pockets more.
Old 03-13-2023, 12:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What you're doing here, possibly inadvertently, is letting CEOs off the hook while pitting one poor person against another. That serves only the goals of the owner class. The fact that you've adopted this mentality means the owner class has accomplished their mission - your opinions of the poor are condescending and you feel more solidarity with management than you do the fellow poor.

If you are going to talk about the causes of crime, you have to be comprehensive.
I’m sorry the CEO is not forcing poor people to shoplift. That’s too much mental gymnastics for me to agree there, gonna have to agree to disagree on that

How are my opinions of the poor condescending again? I JUST said that this negatively impacts their lives in FAR more significant ways than their CEO. So HTF is that being condescending? Trying to look out for them?

Yea man, personal feeling of security in life, jobs, being able to buy goods locally, and physical safety I’ll go ahead and virtue signal for. I’ll skip being smug about it though, I don’t get the same sort of pleasure always perceiving to be taking the moral high ground you guys do
Old 03-13-2023, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mother fucking Tucker Carlson for president.
Lol, he’d be near the bottom of my list of choices. Swampy Catholic who has never had a real job, PASS
Old 03-13-2023, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbonkers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how is anything made of wood produced? do we grow the trees in molds that shape them into tables, chairs, etc? i don't think looking away from shoplifting entirely is right either but i'm not gonna be the one to rat out someone with a baby needing to steal formula because some ceo decided to double the cost just to line their pockets more.
I support carpenters my man. JC was one iirc
Old 03-13-2023, 12:04 AM
Banned

BTW, why not suggest to just punch store employees in the face? I mean, steal in front of them a few times and they might continue to work until the store goes out of business, which will take some time

But punch them in the face, and they’ll quit that day. The store will shut down much faster, and Mr evil CEO gets a disappointed look at his stock value in between the coke and sex party on the yacht
Old 03-13-2023, 12:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m sorry the CEO is not forcing poor people to shoplift. That’s too much mental gymnastics for me to agree there, gonna have to agree to disagree on that

How are my opinions of the poor condescending again? I JUST said that this negatively impacts their lives in FAR more significant ways than their CEO. So HTF is that being condescending? Trying to look out for them?

Yea man, personal feeling of security in life, jobs, being able to buy goods locally, and physical safety I’ll go ahead and virtue signal for. I’ll skip being smug about it though, I don’t get the same sort of pleasure always perceiving to be taking the moral high ground you guys do
You're implying that American society needs yet another punitive approach, or yet another reason to incarcerate more people... for a mostly economic issue.

The poor people you're speaking of experience nothing but the stick from the actual policies you support. Try the carrot.

With the CEOs, you should try the stick. Stop using the carrot.

You come off as a lot more arrogant than you think you do.
Old 03-13-2023, 12:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BTW, why not suggest to just punch store employees in the face? I mean, steal in front of them a few times and they might continue to work until the store goes out of business, which will take some time

But punch them in the face, and they’ll quit that day. The store will shut down much faster, and Mr evil CEO gets a disappointed look at his stock value in between the coke and sex party on the yacht
When I worked in those shitty hotels, I got punched in the face a few times per year. Mostly related to some dude beating up some woman, but yeah, it happens more than you think.

Anyways, a lot of the retail theft you're apparently mad about is probably committed by employees. They're often in the best position to steal from these companies, and yes, I approve of that too.
Old 03-13-2023, 12:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're implying that American society needs yet another punitive approach, or yet another reason to incarcerate more people... for a mostly economic issue.

The poor people you're speaking of experience nothing but the stick from the actual policies you support. Try the carrot.

With the CEOs, you should try the stick. Stop using the carrot.

You come off as a lot more arrogant than you think you do.
No I try to be that arrogant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It’s ridiculous that you try to defend shoplifting, which I’ve already detailed negatively impacts poor people. Your carrot on the stick thing is implying preventative measures

I already addressed this in a way YOU should be able to relate to. When things get bad and crime is getting out of control enough to make people move away and stores all close down, you need FAST solutions

You’re probably glad the doctors chose to use your insurance money on chemo for your wife and not cancer prevention research
Closed Thread