Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-24-2022, 03:13 PM
Fire Giant

Had to go into Amsterdam today for work, but made time to stop by the park where they have Japanese sakura trees that are in full bloom. Brought my blades to save time and look extra cool.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-24-2022, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Brought my blades to save time and look extra cool.
I can appreciate the self deprecation, seems a beautiful day there.
Old 03-24-2022, 03:25 PM
Banned

The hardest part about owning rollerblades is telling your parents that you’re gay

Jk
Old 03-24-2022, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Unsung, dude, you're on to something with the collagen supps. I'm buying some of the mix with water kind tomorrow, saw it at the grocery store for like 20 bucks.
Old 03-24-2022, 05:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Unsung, dude, you're on to something with the collagen supps. I'm buying some of the mix with water kind tomorrow, saw it at the grocery store for like 20 bucks.
Yeah I saw enough of improvement to joints to re-up and get a second tub. Normally my right knee used to give me some problems occasionally when doing heavy squats at the gym, and both knees if I didn’t step perfect hiking down my weekend mountain hike would ache. That has been greatly reduced to the point of being gone (the caveat is that my legs are continually getting stronger which may be playing a role as well)

I’ve been training harder than ever, best shape ever in life, but I started taking a LOT of stuff to help recover. You don’t have to do nearly this much if you’re not planning on doing 2hours workday 4 hour off day workouts like I have. Here’s what I runnin now tho

AnimalPak multivitamin (I’ll post the nutrition label, it’s 24 total pills/day, huuuge)
Separate Vitamin D3 + Zinc + Calcium vitamin (wanted a bit more of these)
Collagen peptide powder (mixed in protein shake)
Braggs Apple Cider vinegar (3 tablespoons every night I mix with water)
Creatine monohydrate powder daily
Whey isolate Protein shakes (2 on work days, 4-5 on off days)
Iodine 2% drops daily
Omega3 fish oil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3BD6C35B-EDF6-48B7-B283-06422E9CA317.jpg (20.2 KB, 2 views)
Last edited by unsunghero; 03-24-2022 at 06:01 PM..
Old 03-24-2022, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the info brother. I too am in the best shape of my life at 36.
But, skateboarding has taken quite a toll on my right knee (board foot, I ride right foot forward) and my left Achilles tendon (pushing foot). I'm gonna start supplementing all this stuff a lot.

That, and I need to ride switch more, but switch feels like writing with your other hand.
Old 03-24-2022, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But, skateboarding has taken quite a toll on my right knee (board foot, I ride right foot forward) and my left Achilles tendon (pushing foot). I'm gonna start supplementing all this stuff a lot.
I was goofy footed, right foot at the back, pushed with my left.
Old 03-24-2022, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

That's mongo pushing. Proper skating is the front foot in the middle/front of the board and you push with your back foot. The back foot is either pushing, or chilling out on the back of the board.

If you are pushing and then that foot goes to the front of the board, you are skateboarding incorrectly.

When you're pushing, and the foot that is on the board is in the back, you are not in control of your skateboard.
Old 03-24-2022, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
When you're pushing, and the foot that is on the board is in the back, you are not in control of your skateboard.
I have never heard the term mongo-footed before. New to me.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the info brother. I too am in the best shape of my life at 36.

That, and I need to ride switch more, but switch feels like writing with your other hand.
Supposedly it can be done. I hear people who lose the use of a hand/arm can get as good with the other. I think it’s nuts, but my dad spent countless hours training himself to be ambidextrous (he gets pissed because I call him “Bi” as a result) when it comes to shooting and throwing

I imagine skating could be the same way?