Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 04-10-2022, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^
Love the sig quote. My fav line from Beowulf
Cheers!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-10-2022, 07:43 PM
Banned

Highlight of my day. Homemade egg sandwich! Been craving one for awhile. It had lettuce. Wild Florida tomatoes and radishes lol. Was surprisingly better than I was hoping.
Old 04-10-2022, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

Over the past 2 days I've had 2 of my dumbbells stolen from outside my apartment door. I'm convinced this was done by a close neighbor of mine. One was stolen saturday and the other went missing this morning. I have 2 30's, 2 25's and I *had* 2 15's.

The bright side tho is this brought me to a realization. I've been reading the bible, retaining my seed and spiritually leveling up. For each new level, a new devil. Remember that guys.
Old 04-10-2022, 09:34 PM
Banned

Maybe the person who took them will get stronger.

So sad tho. I'd have bought them a set if they had asked and it was my neighbor..

You got anything else to work out with? Something else to focus on? Maybe you don't need them to be strong.

Sorry if I made you angry at the poors, dumbs. That'll sometimes do it too. What an odddd thing to take from a neighbor tho. Maybe it's time to move. Unless they are trying to pawn stuff for drugs. Then they need to go get rehab.

A lot of times ppl leave stuff like that as freebies on the curbs. Since ur in an apartment...maybe someone assumed u were talking them to the trash. Or didn't want them. Since they weren't inside.

Why where the dumbells out there anyway?
Last edited by starkind; 04-10-2022 at 09:43 PM..
Old 04-11-2022, 05:07 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah I'm all good Starkind. I only used the 15's for lateral raises and tricep extensions, and I can easily replace them. I don't think they were stolen to pawn. I think the person that took them had been watching me work out and took them out of envy.

The sets of dumbbells have been outside my apartment door for 2+ years, I'm in a pretty nice apartment community, this is the first time I've ever had anything stolen. I'm blessed that they took the 15's actually (the cheapest ones) the 25's and 30's are much more expensive to replace.
Old 04-11-2022, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I'm all good Starkind. I only used the 15's for lateral raises and tricep extensions, and I can easily replace them. I don't think they were stolen to pawn. I think the person that took them had been watching me work out and took them out of envy.

The sets of dumbbells have been outside my apartment door for 2+ years, I'm in a pretty nice apartment community, this is the first time I've ever had anything stolen. I'm blessed that they took the 15's actually (the cheapest ones) the 25's and 30's are much more expensive to replace.
Yea they are expensive, especially in this supply chain. Back in the day they used to sell for 2:1 ratio of price per lb. Nowadays it’s more like 3 or 4:1 ratio

They probably did take them to sell, and they’re just weak ass porch pirates which is why they didn’t want to do a bi-lateral farmer’s walk all the way home with the heavier ones
Old 04-11-2022, 01:37 PM
Banned

I miss living in Utah. There was plenty of rocks to lift.

On the upside. My face is cleansed and my teeth brushed and flossed. Hair brushed. And vitamin C took!
Old 04-11-2022, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

So i went and bought this supplement today.
Creatine and glutamine, talked for a bit with the guy at GNC and this is what he recommended. Unsung, you're an expert on this stuff, is this good ? Should I take it or nah ?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-11-2022, 06:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So i went and bought this supplement today.
Creatine and glutamine, talked for a bit with the guy at GNC and this is what he recommended. Unsung, you're an expert on this stuff, is this good ? Should I take it or nah ?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah there’s some supps that have no downsides and have been proven to work, and creatine and glutamine are two of the biggest in that category

The mechanism of action I am not scientific in: I believe creatine in particular helps the muscles retain water, which they then convert to ATP energy. So it helps with the action of lifting weights

Glutamine I believe helps with the body using protein to build muscle, more with recovery
Old 04-11-2022, 07:44 PM
Planar Protector

Ok yeah, I immediately felt a difference. I just finished a workout that I would have previously given about a 7-8 on the "dang, that was difficult" scale, and it felt like a 6.