Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 08-04-2014, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am about to cap shit to 255, like real soon.

H
Best post of 2014.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:44 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technique [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogue blind poison durations were already nerfed.

Chance for root to break on tick in PvP was removed before the server launched.

Technically it's not right/classic, but neither is the fact that the PvP duration of all roots/snares is capped at 5 ticks (in the past it's been said this was due to a clientside limitation, but that seems dubious). As a consequence, DoTs with a snare component (such as the necro darkness line) are also cut off at 5 ticks, which is pretty lame.
The snare cap is a client limitation. Might be able to find it and hex it to be more classic.

H
Old 08-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best post of 2014.
You heard the news here first, pvp bugs section.

Fell outta my chair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It looks like root in pvp won't break early (cept if ur nuked) in the code.

Is this right?

Working on that FR/MR discrepancy.

I also need details on what kinds of spells are not resisted correctly.

H
Needs to have a chance to break every tick and on the immediate tick. What I noticed on live test that matches my memory was roots immediately on application had to pass yet another hold check. So:

Resist check
Immediate resist check AGAIN to see if it holds
Check every tick from there for hold

^ I get called a liar on stuff like dis but its true and feel free to test on live on an in town guard or other high magic resist npc (Felwithe p.easy to get to). Have my vintage 60wiz if you want dat info to try it.

Players at even con with 80+ magic shouldn't ever be getting rooted or snared by roots/snares that share the same resist value @ least.. go from there. IE 90+ mr on one with -10 resist check etc.

Would be awesome if this was working. Had like a billion fetters spammed on me in pvp and for some ODD reason the first one would almost always land with 168+ MR. (dafuq)
Last edited by Nirgon; 08-04-2014 at 12:07 PM..
Old 08-04-2014, 03:04 PM
Banned

i think the druids using roots to finish geared people off era was one of the dumbest things i've seen on box to date
Old 08-04-2014, 04:41 PM
Developer

So 80+ should be enough to resist an even con casting spells with no resist mod.

Sounds like a good target.

H
Old 08-04-2014, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Make sure you test your code thoroughly, Haynar.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:45 PM
Banned

for the gamebreaking CC spells, yes

that would include roots, snares, blinds, stuns, mezzes(not rapture of course, which should be unresistable)
Old 08-04-2014, 05:02 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make sure you test your code thoroughly, Haynar.
Not like I have anyone else who helps me test it.

Duh.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
So 80+ should be enough to resist an even con casting spells with no resist mod.

Sounds like a good target.

H
For roots / snares yes.

For other spells? Cold mainline nukes should be 120 cold for "immunity" (very rare mid range partial, common smaller partials, uncommon/somewhat common full resist) marker from an even con. I think its scaling should be +/-10 from there. That's for players. 130 cold (and plz someone chime in otherwise with your classic memory) for wizard cold nukes. I had 199 fire resist unbuffed on live and a druid could go oom trying to wildfire me before I died (in Velious raid gear) without dispel etc.

Even making 130 resist a base line of immunity/near immunity would be a huge step.

Then obviously druid/necro (that aren't poison/disease) dots should never resist on players [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Poison/disease line for necro/shaman should be around 90-110 for this value. Starting to notice a trend as I go here around the 110-120 marker.

Oh and players could nuke other players through walls (but not npcs obvi) much like being able to heal through walls in pvp through end of Velious.

Love 2 see u do that + item loot it up.

What we SHOULD see (this is an l2p too) from here is players actually dispelling buffs and using debuffs to get their huge 800 dmg burst nukes to land.... and not spamming root/snare constantly in pvp. Oh and having to risk extremely potent resist gear for an advantage.
Last edited by Nirgon; 08-04-2014 at 05:28 PM..
Old 08-04-2014, 05:50 PM
Banned

yeah i've resisted a few pyrocruors here with 209 fire resist unbuffed and just immediately logged off in disgust