Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 04-17-2014, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

There seems less concern on red for being true to classic. No item recharge, xp mods, soulfire restricted. Dont get me wrong I think limiting abusive clickers is good for the game, but I'm not sure the staff really is going to buy into this bc "classic"
Old 04-17-2014, 11:40 AM
Banned

Take xp on death off blue. Too brutal?
Last edited by Nirgon; 04-17-2014 at 02:51 PM..
Old 04-17-2014, 11:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alunova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started on a PvP server and remember item loot. You only had one chance, if you mis-clicked on a bag or no drop item you couldn't try to loot again even though you didn't get anything.

I remember drooling over shin lord greaves because they were no drop ;P
This is the way it was... I played on Vallon.

And I cannot even tell you how many times the fights started and immediately started getting my good items into bags. You really weren't safe from PvP til you were 50 and had your planar no drop gear... Thank god planar gear was no drop!
Tander - 55th Half Elf Bard

The Mystical Order || See what I'm Selling/Buying || Nagrith's JBoots MQ Service
Old 04-17-2014, 12:03 PM
Banned

I would def want to keep planar and other items no drop.

As Nilbog mentioned it brings value to completing quests for what people thought were worthless items before (not to mention quests people may have never done here that need to be fixed up).

Having a base set of planar gear with SOME resists on it also makes it so end game pvp isn't people with literally base magic resist (after being dispelled).

Wizards really aren't as scary as everyone thinks with item loot tbh (and I think the naked wizard owning everyone in PvP is a long dispelled myth by now)... provided its not level 60s sunstriking people trying to xp in city of mist (dis 8 lvl range man..) :P.

We can put this issue to rest with a flat "no" from box Emperor Rogean whenever he emerges from his training in the Dagobah system/SMS/password stuff here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

However, I'd strongly suggest putting this in with the 4 level range. Rallos Zek will smile down hard upon people buying CoFs and Trak BPs. Many Outback dinners will go down the drain. Pras.
Last edited by Nirgon; 04-17-2014 at 12:08 PM..
Old 04-17-2014, 01:18 PM
Sarnak

didn't they remove it in like 2003? a year after they introduced pok and free ports all over the land?

i cant remember if there was a huge outcry of player disapproval at the time... maybe they were all so jaded by aug's and no-drop shit that they didn't care anymore?

item loot so classic it hurts

potus obv troll
Old 04-17-2014, 02:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please stop.
naw.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holy shit you are an idiot.

Yea griefers will TOTALLY risk their fungi, CoF and RBB for a chance at that noobs Cracked Staff.

Currently they have 0 risk at all even if they somehow get outplayed or double teamed by some noobs. They just get coined and they don't give any fucks.

Put their pixels at risk, then maybe they will think twice about griefing new players on their twinked out toons.

Big Nirgon is attempting to make this server more classic. Let it happen red. Shit, if it happens I may even roll a toon on red. Cause that would finally be some legit PvP server.
Oh sweet, someone that doesn't play the server is talking about pvp. Hey, how many times does a deleveled rogue with an epic and an assortment of No Drop gear die to guys in Unrest and Mistmoore?

The answer is a big fucking 0. They don't fair fight, they don't wait around for pvp, they just kill people with low hp, less gear, busy fighting mobs, then they log off.

You're never going to get their fungi (if they are even wearing one, it's pretty pointless). Item Loot just lets them steal people's breast plates, robes, and if they duo, they'll be able to loot other people's main weapons using disarm and blind.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:52 PM
Banned

Wanna bet on never?

Don't do it Anakin.

Oh, and when I do... you can count on that griefer going away.
Last edited by Nirgon; 04-17-2014 at 03:01 PM..
Old 04-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's take the sperg down a notch and realize this is a killer for RMT buyers

Necros are weak here because of the resist system and Thrilla obviously isn't an idiot when it comes to EQ PvP.
No, necros are weak because they were weak on live, too. Resists have nothing to do with it. Everyone has cure pots and clickies, knows to ignore pets, and keeps the first two debuff slots open. Again the KEEP IT CLASSIC RESEARCH expert is talking out of his ass and knows nothing whatsoever.

Quote:
Item loot is classic. Was on all 3 classic server.
There were four servers, not three. And it was only implemented briefly on three. It was removed from all three servers after Verant called it a mistake. And the fact that Verant adressed gameplay balance on a fucking pvp server shows you just how bad it was that not even they could ignore it.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:10 PM
Banned

I literally couldn't beat a skilled necro on my wizard in Kunark with functioning resists pre-lure of ice.

Take it up with Zyrino (Thrilla).

Might learn somethin'.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] love dis kid