Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 12:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idk how they work but it looks like they have insurrections every day in their parliamentary buildings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would be delighted to see actual fistfights break out on C-SPAN, at least that means those old fogeys might believe in the crap they're shilling

It's hard to do doublespeak with your fists, unless you're a professional athlete I guess
Old 08-17-2022, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I agree. Especially with laurin bobbits.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like mob justice? These are bad people promoting bad ideas so we get to attack them with sticks and bear mace? This is “progress”? Sounds primitive to me
Primitive or not, sometimes it works. Being righteous does the pacifist little good when he's laying on the ground in a heap underneath the people who aren't pacifists.
Old 08-17-2022, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Oh so I heard Liz McCarthy lost her election yesterday.
Old 08-17-2022, 01:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Primitive or not, sometimes it works. Being righteous does the pacifist little good when he's laying on the ground in a heap underneath the people who aren't pacifists.
Oh I am not arguing against it’s efficacy. But as soon as people are bringing weapons to protests that’s simply the beginning of civil war

If this is what everyone wants I’m still going to be leaning on the right winning that one. Once it’s understood protests are going to be a violent life or death fight, the right has more guns and are better with them
Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 08-17-2022, 01:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously, do a better job at hiding your blatant hypocrisy. It's not that I am any good at finding it, it is that you are that bad at hiding it.

And stop the blasphemy, please.
Rob this charge is completely stupid, as always. It's also a classic logical fallacy; the appeal to hypocrisy.

It doesn't matter if somebody is being 1000% hypocritical, it has nothing to do with the truth or falsehood of their claim (in this case: that killing perfectly healthy babies completely on purpose as in the case of abortion is bad). If a convicted murderer says "murder is wrong", screaming hypocrite at him doesn't mean that murder isn't wrong.

It's logically incoherent to try to suggest that because sometimes kids are killed by accident in war, or via some byproduct of capitalist greed, we should therefor kill MORE kids, who absolutely don't need to be killed, in abortions? That just doesn't follow at all from A to B.
Old 08-17-2022, 01:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rob this charge is completely stupid, as always. It's also a classic logical fallacy; the appeal to hypocrisy.

It doesn't matter if somebody is being 1000% hypocritical, it has nothing to do with the truth or falsehood of their claim (in this case: that killing perfectly healthy babies completely on purpose as in the case of abortion is bad). If a convicted murderer says "murder is wrong", screaming hypocrite at him doesn't mean that murder isn't wrong.

It's logically incoherent to try to suggest that because sometimes kids are killed by accident in war, or via some byproduct of capitalist greed, we should therefor kill MORE kids, who absolutely don't need to be killed, in abortions? That just doesn't follow at all from A to B.
That's because you're interpreting my statements wrong and making a litany of assumptions based on other positions you think I have. You do this.

I've never been pro-abortion. I'm pro-freedom. If we took steps to address other issues that conservatives aren't willing to address, the end result would be fewer abortions, ideally none that aren't medically necessary. And fewer dead babies due to whatever war we're referring to.

But you guys don't want to talk about those steps, because they resemble disarming the police and reducing the size of the military. They resemble green energy initiatives, and laws that increase equity.
Old 08-17-2022, 01:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But you guys don't want to talk about those steps, because they resemble disarming the police and reducing the size of the military. They resemble green energy initiatives, and laws that increase equity.
While it is true that very affluent people tend to have less kids than poor, I don’t think that improving everyone’s economic status is going to do much about conception rates

The big problem here is that sex feels really good. And people are going to do what feels good and dumb people especially aren’t going to consider the consequences of that. The only real initiative I see of lowering conception rates is encouraging to the point of forcing contraception on everyone. Or else really pushing the hormone medications since messing with hormones is a sure-fire way to fuck up someone’s libido, which is why so many steroid users have problems with impotency
Old 08-17-2022, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
equity.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-17-2022, 01:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While it is true that very affluent people tend to have less kids than poor, I don’t think that improving everyone’s economic status is going to do much about conception rates

The big problem here is that sex feels really good. And people are going to do what feels good and dumb people especially aren’t going to consider the consequences of that. The only real initiative I see of lowering conception rates is encouraging to the point of forcing contraception on everyone. Or else really pushing the hormone medications since messing with hormones is a sure-fire way to fuck up someone’s libido, which is why so many steroid users have problems with impotency
This slippery argument can also be applied to a pro-choice position [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You really think putting teenage girls behind bars is gonna make birth rates fall? You really think America needs more people incarcerated? Because that's what your party intends to do, regardless of what anyone tells themselves. It's where this is headed.

I don't like the idea of abortion because it definitely kills a potential person, but so much of our other shit kills potential people all the time and we don't even talk about it. Just look at the pushback I get from reactionaries like Ooloo. Like a flamingo jamming its head in the sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, resources are infinite! The mass of the Earth is infinity!
Closed Thread