Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 10-27-2023, 08:16 PM
Orc

Default The Only Guaranteed No-Fail In EQ

And knuckleheads manage to snatch an absolute defeat from the jaws of certain victory.

What is this magic win to loss you ask? Naming your character in Everquest. It's actually so easy, supposedly intelligent people can't fathom it.

The game even gives you a genre appropriate name generator free of charge. You can use it with ease. But nay! "I am teh uhmazen name weezard! Iwearskidmarkunderpants Tothestore is my chosen name! I shall defeat the the name generator in splendidly stupid fashion and dominate the very top of the loser category!"

Not only is there a name generator, at which it is impossible to fail, there are also easy to read, easy to understand and very specific naming instructions for P1999. https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=17488

Idiotic names like, "Puddintater" and "Iwearshowercaps" or "Stinkyfiss Inyobutt" are the enlightened choices you make. There shall be no hint of RPG immersion for you or those around you! Not on your watch!

Yes dumb ladies and stupid gentlemen, it's honestly that easy. Somehow you have managed to fail at the only guaranteed no-fail aspect of Everquest. You are a living legend among complete failures. You are head and shoulders below the rest.
Old 10-27-2023, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

Ok "questor"
Old 10-27-2023, 09:05 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok "questor"
Forum handle dolt, not character name. You are a failure.
Old 10-27-2023, 11:46 PM
Banned

Aeioulan is the only acceptable bard name fight me.
Old 10-27-2023, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

It's like my neighbor. The guy totally buys a new car last week that he can't clearly afford. I was shooting the shit with his lawnscaper and he says John can barely pay on time. Not only that, but they may be placing their oldest back in public. Fucking neighborhood has gone to shit.
Old 10-28-2023, 06:39 AM
Banned

P99 attracks stinkyfiss's hope this helps.
Old 10-28-2023, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

OP, you may enjoy Baler’s naming thread, or mine. Plenty of mad feelings from all angles.
Old 10-28-2023, 11:46 AM
Kobold

i prefer dumb names honestly over some wood elf named unaeleaeliellian

i'm not typing that shit out
Old 10-28-2023, 03:49 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP, you may enjoy Baler’s naming thread, or mine. Plenty of mad feelings from all angles.
Interesting reads. Thanks.

This is a Role Playing Game, not a gamerboi FPS. It has story and environment. One need not speak "Fakespeare" to play a RPG. Just name your character appropriately and play the class.

The spectacular failure of the rule enforcement on P1999 is at a level I had not yet experienced prior.

If I build a free to use playground for in children in my yard, it is still incumbent on me to maintain and police it. I may recruit help. Still, maintaining the playground ultimately falls to me. I also need to police the help.

Why have rules, why waste the time to type them out, if there is no enforcement, no follow-through? Need help? I am volunteering. Give me the name changing nerf bat. I will wield it in accordance with the naming rules and will be no respect of persons.
Old 10-28-2023, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting reads. Thanks.

This is a Role Playing Game, not a gamerboi FPS. It has story and environment. One need not speak "Fakespeare" to play a RPG. Just name your character appropriately and play the class.

The spectacular failure of the rule enforcement on P1999 is at a level I had not yet experienced prior.

If I build a free to use playground for in children in my yard, it is still incumbent on me to maintain and police it. I may recruit help. Still, maintaining the playground ultimately falls to me. I also need to police the help.

Why have rules, why waste the time to type them out, if there is no enforcement, no follow-through? Need help? I am volunteering. Give me the name changing nerf bat. I will wield it in accordance with the naming rules and will be no respect of persons.
Imagine a Govt made up of three co-equal branches. Executive, Legislative, and Judicial.

Imagine the Executive was made up of two Presidents. Only one still shows up for work every day. The other phones it in because of time constraints and burnout.

Imagine the Legislative was made up of those two Presidents plus one or two others let's call them Vice Presidents. The VPs also don't come in much anymore either because their boss doesn't come in.

Then imagine the Judicial made up of those same Presidents and VPs as the Supreme Court. They rarely take cases anymore though. Instead the Supreme Court rely on lower court rulings and therefore there is a gap betweenn the rules as written by the Legislature, what is enforced by the Executive exceedingly rarely, and what rulings are actually divvied out via lower court Judicial decisions that aren't made that the highest body of the Judiciary.

A Byzantine Govt structure designed for the devs to not have to deal with the complaints of the players unless something major happens.