Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 08:52 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by beh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hyperbole? Come on man. There's like a half dozen edits just tonight in which someone deleted most or all names and typed "go fuck yourself" and other gibberish in bold large point font. It doesn't matter because it's easily restorable, I get it.
And that's never happened in the history of the list and just happened the same night of this forums post. Coincidence? You win anyways. Had to lock it up after tons of DMO recruitment threads and the n-word was plastered all over it. Blistig had to go out there and manage the resulting shit show. Massive success.

"The floor is always covered in shit"
"It's not, here's historical pictures to prove that"
*Shits on Floor*
*Others Smear it Around*
"See! The floor is always covered in shit!"
Old 08-04-2020, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see you predict 50+ in that thread, only your claim that you previously did.

This is a prediction.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...39&postcount=6

Anyways, this player made clusterfuck of a list is also a different animal, being easy to abuse in so many ways, instead of just a handful ways to abuse it like a true /list camp.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleberry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just do what I did. Buy the MQ and avoid the toxic.
I bought 3 already. 18k full service. I can deal with OOT stress and the list aggro and the time, but I can also farm up 18k in the most relaxing way while making even more friends. In OOT I can only make enemies. Hard pass.

I realize this advice is useless to those not having a farming toon but that's not on me.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:31 AM
Kobold

Fuck a /list mechanic, I would just bring The Hand of God down and perma-lockout the ring to one per character.

The AC has been such a shit show for years. It is clear to any sane person the easiest way to go about getting Jboots is to farm the plat instead. Which makes you wonder, if it's easier to farm the plat, then why farm the AC for a MQ? All of the MQs can't be just from SRo luck. Some elf shenanigans are going on somewheres abouts that make farming this hell hole profitable for a select number of people.

I don't want to say there is a Cyclops Mafia within the ranks of elf nerds, but there probably is.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:38 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurgort/Sseri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wiz here. Jboots gotten: Farmed Hero Bracers for the majority of it. Also Tinkering for Spyglasses/Stalking Probes.

Bind in South Qeynos by the Quest Guy, gate to GFay, Thunderclap down all of the Minos in the cave in Steamfont, kill the almost assuredly spawned Mino Hero, gate, hand-in. Prep another bracer, sell it in EC for 150pp, gate, hand in, gate to NRo.

You could also farm Rings of Shadow in South Karana after grabbing a SoW and clarity, can make 400pp in about 15 minutes doing this and Hero Bracers, 300pp every 10 minutes - of course, it involves time to trade in EC.

Sell ports while auctioning your farmed items, you'll have JBoots in a couple days whilst ignoring all the bullshit of player greed, aside from buying the MQ - mine costed 5750pp, gold included, with my Rapier.

No. I understand how to farm platinum, and I have plenty of more efficient ways to do so, but I don't need to be forced to go play another part of the game that I'm not interested in for multiple days just to afford to pay someone else who abuses and exploits a bad system to price gouge and gate-keep an item that almost everyone needs. When the only answer is "go do something else and pay a farmer for it", the situation is broken.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:39 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSurgeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fuck a /list mechanic, I would just bring The Hand of God down and perma-lockout the ring to one per character.

The AC has been such a shit show for years. It is clear to any sane person the easiest way to go about getting Jboots is to farm the plat instead. Which makes you wonder, if it's easier to farm the plat, then why farm the AC for a MQ? All of the MQs can't be just from SRo luck. Some elf shenanigans are going on somewheres abouts that make farming this hell hole profitable for a select number of people.

I don't want to say there is a Cyclops Mafia within the ranks of elf nerds, but there probably is.
Every other valuable spawn in this game gets monopolized by the same few people, why would you imagine this one to be any different? This garbage list system just gives them a "sanctioned" way of doing so.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:42 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bought 3 already. 18k full service. I can deal with OOT stress and the list aggro and the time, but I can also farm up 18k in the most relaxing way while making even more friends. In OOT I can only make enemies. Hard pass.

I realize this advice is useless to those not having a farming toon but that's not on me.
I can farm, I shouldn't have to do it. Jboots isn't a droppable high end raid item. If it were, you could make this argument.

"Your guild can't handle XYZ mobs so you'll never be able to get that item on your own, just farm plat and buy it!" -- Perfectly fine if we're talking about a Cloak of Flames. Not fuckin' jboots. Sorry.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:47 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And that's never happened in the history of the list and just happened the same night of this forums post. Coincidence? You win anyways. Had to lock it up after tons of DMO recruitment threads and the n-word was plastered all over it. Blistig had to go out there and manage the resulting shit show. Massive success.

"The floor is always covered in shit"
"It's not, here's historical pictures to prove that"
*Shits on Floor*
*Others Smear it Around*
"See! The floor is always covered in shit!"
Your analogy sucks.

I didn't shit on your floor, I pointed out the shit that you weren't paying attention to - and your "historical pictures" are taken from your pleasant and biased perspective because you created this mess and can't admit it needs to change.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I don't see you predict 50+ in that thread, only your claim that you previously did.
Yes and no.

Quote:
I predicted Manastone /list would blow up to 50+ if there were no AFK checks.
Lo-and-behold I overpredicted everyone else, but underpredicted the actual numbers - and that for an item that never leaves game.

I think we can see now, if The Manastone had no afk checks it'd be 150+
Old 08-04-2020, 10:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdaria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand and agree with you, but there's another side to that coin. I manage a retail store, for example, so I rarely have time to play the game. As it is, I'm probably gonna forgo inspecting the store some morning/evening to camp jboots. But If I had to sit at the AC camp until it was available, I would never get jboots. You might say "this is fine; after all, MMOs are timesinks, and it wouldn't be fair to the players who invest more time to water the content down for the players who invest less time. Your job may be incompatible with MMOs, and you should be willing to prioritize accordingly." I don't have a strong response to that other than to say it is healthy for the game and for the player base for more people to have access to gear and experiences, whether it be through open raids or long lists or what have you.

This list system as it stands is the mechanic that is keeping you and other more casual players away from jboots. There are dozens of people who are re-signing up at the bottom of the list immediately after looting a ring.. multiple times, in perpetuity. They can do this because this list system allows them to sign up and leave the zone or log off, and then parachute in to hang out for maybe an hour tops (sometimes just 6.5 minutes!), loot ANOTHER ring, and gouge you for 6k+ to MQ it.

If this list were gone, those who NEED THE BOOTS (you) can prioritize this camp, instead of being log-jammed by people on a phantom list who are either logged off touching themselves or raiding planes for MORE loot that you might never see.

You will get your boots without this list because you won't have 100 person lists anymore. Only those who are willing to sacrifice doing anything else (good luck top raiding guilds, you guys are pretty busy most days of the week!) will be able to clog up the list with intentions to farm.
Closed Thread