Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGrousis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol like Wizard is anymore interesting. if there is a cloth version of the warrior i'd have to say wizards get that one lol. nuke sit. nuke sit. nuke sit. haha makes warrior seem fun to me
That's only the case up to mid-20s, when quad kiting becomes worth it (I got better exp 20-24 gating to EC and getting clarity, gating back to NK and nuking single mobs than I did attempting to full-speed quad with pillar of fire).

But yeah, it's basically nuke nuke nuke, sit up to then. After that, it's a freaking blast...As long as you know the right spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah yeah... blah blah blah be proactive. Mind you, before I posted my rant there I logged on, shouted LFG in solB. Went /LFG. Did a CC, sent tells to people in those camps to ask if I could be added to the list. Went to Kith and tried to start a pickup group, only to have a bunch of plevelers show up right as I was starting to send tells to ask people to come group. Then I ran to lguk, shouted LFG there. I was /lfg the entire time. How's that for productivity? The LFG list had very few people on it, some folks I don't care to group with.

So I ended up porting to Toxx, went into Paineel and did some duo with a necro on the guards for a while. Maybe I exaggerated the "4 hours of LFG," it's more like 4 hours of NOT being in an ideal exp group. I think I gained like half a yellow in that 4 hours, woo freakin hoo.

Anyway, my point is, don't just assume you can start a warrior/tank and group invites will fall like rain. Sometimes they will, sometimes they won't. Sometimes you'll get right into a group, other times you'll get a sliver of experience after being logged in for 4 hours. That's the realistic life of the Warrior.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 02-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah yeah... blah blah blah be proactive. Mind you, before I posted my rant there I logged on, shouted LFG in solB. Went /LFG. Did a CC, sent tells to people in those camps to ask if I could be added to the list. Went to Kith and tried to start a pickup group, only to have a bunch of plevelers show up right as I was starting to send tells to ask people to come group. Then I ran to lguk, shouted LFG there. I was /lfg the entire time. How's that for productivity? The LFG list had very few people on it, some folks I don't care to group with.

So I ended up porting to Toxx, went into Paineel and did some duo with a necro on the guards for a while. Maybe I exaggerated the "4 hours of LFG," it's more like 4 hours of NOT being in an ideal exp group. I think I gained like half a yellow in that 4 hours, woo freakin hoo.

Anyway, my point is, don't just assume you can start a warrior/tank and group invites will fall like rain. Sometimes they will, sometimes they won't. Sometimes you'll get right into a group, other times you'll get a sliver of experience after being logged in for 4 hours. That's the realistic life of the Warrior.
You just need to be more awesome Dantes.

( [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

Donate a water filter in Haiti. Click Here
Old 02-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Sarnak

Hit the Steelwaffle for SK tank. lvl 15 right now.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Certainly not tonight. fucking 4 hours of LFG. I really wish I had a time machine so I could just punch myself in the balls for 4 hours instead. It would have been more fun.
find a camp, build a group

i mean it sounds overstated but that's how i did it. there are good camps that stay open, you just have to look for them
Last edited by teganyavo; 02-23-2011 at 06:05 PM..
Old 02-23-2011, 06:02 PM
Fire Giant

Read the thread.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 02-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Orc

I did? it's still good advice

(Hint: lower guk live keep)
Old 02-24-2011, 02:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by teganyavo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did? it's still good advice

(Hint: lower guk live keep)
Heh, I know at least 2 people who will never trust me to tank at that camp ever again...
Old 02-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Banned

There is also a ton of attrition of good players who just don't want to put up with stupid groups in the tank department. I posted before on this but tanks are the most important members of your group nexto healers and pullers, so listen to them and treat them with tender love and respect, and if they suck teach them, don't let them get away with crappy habbits.

Furthermore those good players just roll a druid or mage and twink a tank for their guild later on, or have friends in a guild who just plvl them to 50.

But by no means do you even need a tank to get to 50 with any class or group combinations in this game, tanks are for dungeons, and even then you can do stuff like CT gators with just a mage and healer. So try duoing more. or Trios'
Old 02-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by runlvlzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so listen to them and treat them with tender love and respect, and if they suck teach them, don't let them get away with crappy habbits.
i approve of this message. Grouping and raiding to me, are situations that require someone to step up and lead, often the puller, often the tank, sometimes the healer. If you find that your tank is disatisfied with some group functionality, pay attention. If they're wrong, teach them.

EverQuest is what you make of it - be proactive communicating with your group and raid, be proactive getting your group together and if you aren't, don't cry when things don't go well. Back in the day, as a rogue leveling up (in 2000), I'd for real send tells to every class I wanted in my group that was online @ an appropriate level range and either in my zone or obviously not camping something with a different group.
Last edited by azeth; 02-24-2011 at 12:18 PM..
Closed Thread