Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Fire Giant

Well, as an Enchanter, I'm fine if it doesn't get changed :P

I realize that may not be fair, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
You'd be impressed if someone showed you the inner workings of a fucking lego castle.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:04 PM
Fire Giant

Stuns (atleast Whirl's stun) used to have a random duration. And by random, I mean way, way, way lower than the stated value.

This was bugged like a few months ago, and that was also the conclusion. Just no *definite* conclusion was drawn, so it hasn't been fixed?

I think it's the same thing with Lulls. Everyone knows they're broken, there just hasn't been a community push with hard facts on how it was handled.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

It was melee damage that had a higher chance of breaking the stun, not too sure about nuking.

Basically, if you leave the mob alone the odds of it being full duration are supposed to be pretty good, but if you have 4 melee hacking away at it then the stun will break prematurely.

That was my experience with it on live and (also post nerf here way back). I don't think nuking had a high chance of breaking the stun but I'm not certain of this.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Whirl til you hurl was completely broken on live through classic and kunark. It had absolutely no effect on the mob. It was fixed much later, at a point where most of the population were fighting 55+ content that weren't affected by the spell anyway.

I've always thought it ridiculously OP that it functions at all on this server.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Enchanters never used that fucking spell when i played

Probably because it was fucking useless as opposed to p99 where its insanely OP
Old 01-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Orc

Whirl Till You Hurl was insanely overpowered at launch, and was patched after not-too-long because it was basically gamebreaking. Then it fell into obscurity

I imagine the p99 version of Whirl is more in line with what it was like at the very beginning of live
Last edited by teganyavo; 01-28-2011 at 04:44 PM..
Old 01-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was melee damage that had a higher chance of breaking the stun, not too sure about nuking.

Basically, if you leave the mob alone the odds of it being full duration are supposed to be pretty good, but if you have 4 melee hacking away at it then the stun will break prematurely.

That was my experience with it on live and (also post nerf here way back). I don't think nuking had a high chance of breaking the stun but I'm not certain of this.
Yes, this is what I meant. I don't know if nuke damage helped to break it, but I was using root's break chance upon DD as an example.

I recall using whirl when soloing with my animation on live. If there was a melee in the group I never used it.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

For those who started on P99 late, this spell was indeed nerfed earlier than it should've been, because of all the "solo enchanters hogging all the camps" as "they" like to say. Though personally, I think it's good enough even now. In times of our so-called kamikaze runs in Fear, I rarely ever had to use it though, it's just not that reliable.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Last edited by Scrooge; 01-28-2011 at 07:00 PM..
Old 01-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Sarnak

The bug report for this is over a year old... I know that the devs want proof that it was changed but it is likely one of the first stealth nerfs. All that need be done is be in a full group and have a enchanter sit there and stun lock the mob for you to see how lame this spell makes the game in its current state. I feel like this is a serious legitimacy issue, others may not, but it does not fit the vision of the game we are trying to recreate. If you use this spell to it's full effect on P99 you know it is OP as hell and should be nerfed back to the backwater of spells that no one uses at all.
Last edited by Icecometus; 01-28-2011 at 10:29 PM..
Old 01-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Sarnak

Default waahhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecometus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bug report for this is over a year old... I know that the devs want proof that it was changed but it is likely one of the first stealth nerfs. All that need be done is be in a full group and have a enchanter sit there and stun lock the mob for you to see how lame this spell makes the game in its current state. I feel like this is a serious legitimacy issue, others may not, but it does not fit the vision of the game we are trying to recreate. If you use this spell to it's full effect on P99 you know it is OP as hell and should be nerfed back to the backwater of spells that no one uses at all.

Well, P99 users can't do shit about it, so pack up your tears and make another bug report about it, you baby.
Powerful 51 Iksar Monk
Closed Thread