Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: How do you think Gangstabox will go?
Fail miserably 23 46.00%
Population less than 50 one week in. 13 26.00%
Population 100+ one week in. 14 28.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2021, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatitNerd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly and Gangsta is not a dev or has any experience so add even more time to accomplish this. Box will be insanely buggy for the 25 people who start to play here
woah woah pal... don't say exactly, this directly contradicts what you were sure about up above. Everyone shares, Gangsta starting with RoZ code, etc. Now someone says he started from scratch and you say exactly? shiiiiiiiitt
Old 06-30-2021, 02:17 PM
Fire Giant

Wheres the option for “less dead than p99 red lmao”
Old 06-30-2021, 08:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
woah woah pal... don't say exactly, this directly contradicts what you were sure about up above. Everyone shares, Gangsta starting with RoZ code, etc. Now someone says he started from scratch and you say exactly? shiiiiiiiitt
I know reading comprehension is hard for some people, but soon you will realize I was saying exactly to you saying it would take years to sift through and get correct. Gangsta has been in school etc and only working on this for 4 months very casually, most things that would take a normal dev an hour to fix he gets around to it in about 2 weeks. Launch will show how unready the server is.
Old 06-30-2021, 10:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ummm agatha... If you remember correctly Gangsta was a halfling rogue... Played by a 8 or 9 year old boy... So today he's prob 13-15. He was also super autistic. Big no from me dog. All my pixels are secure on red99 to pass down to my grand children.
I am 20 years old these days. Figured I'd chime in just to correct that 1.
Old 06-30-2021, 10:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did Gangsta start with code from RoZ?
This is not true. I started from the code provided by EQEMU, project EQ. It required a ton of work to be classic and a ton of work to allow for PvP. RoZ code is not shared it is closed to the public ask them yourselves.
Old 06-30-2021, 10:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The original devs quit so they could play... Ya no corruption on that box.
RoT can be contributed to by any player. It is after all "open source" meaning anyone who understands even a little bit of coding can contribute to the project, their commits are then overseen by myself.
Old 07-01-2021, 11:33 AM
Kobold

Team pvp gonna be good no matter what the naysayers naysay
Old 07-01-2021, 04:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatitNerd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know reading comprehension is hard for some people, but soon you will realize I was saying exactly to you saying it would take years to sift through and get correct. Gangsta has been in school etc and only working on this for 4 months very casually, most things that would take a normal dev an hour to fix he gets around to it in about 2 weeks. Launch will show how unready the server is.
Thanks for admitting you were wrong, that is big of you.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:32 PM
Fire Giant

Some developers with incredible skill have worked on the project:

-Xackery (literal God among men EQEmu Developer.) His work is used in many projects and is the foundation for the PvP code on this server.
-Tsujin
-Keladon (had his own PvP project aimed for deity PvP before assisting RoT.)
-Image (several assists and is one of the founders of EQ Emu PvP.)
-Gangsta (he learned A LOT from Day 1.) He also assisted me with Dragonspear last year, so he's on his second year of development experience.

That alone should produce some degree of success.

Anything Xackery touches is Gold, and if you are on the fence that this is a "shit box" you should give it a shot.

I don't think many people whom play P99 are ready for how incredible the ROF2 client runs. It's literally like a different game.

See you all Day 1
Old 07-01-2021, 09:49 PM
Fire Giant

I can’t imagine playing anything image and Gangsta have touched on the development end of things. Yikes, pretty sure secrets was left off that list even though his DLL is all over this box, his reputation is now widespread thus singa was smart to leave him off but we know he has done things behind the scenes similar to roz (another dead server)
Closed Thread