Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, that is a pretty drastic misrepresentation of my argument, yet again[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] In P99, there are things you can do in the game mechanic-wise that are valid (such as kill stealing a mob). However, we have rules against it, because we recognize that as "being a dick".

The Dev's have not made any rules against killing the Sleeper, and the Sleeper is working as it was originally intended. Last time I checked, "Classic Everquest" is the subtitle of this very forum lol.

So in it's current state, unless the Dev's change their stance on it, waking the Sleeper is a normal game mechanic, no different than other raid targets. It is also working as intended, in it's classic state.
So now the goalposts have moved (yet again) to "as long as there's no rule against it, it can't be a dick move"?

I still disagree ... but I'm sure you'll just come up with yet another set of goalposts for what constitutes "dickishness".

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-22-2021, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So now the goalposts have moved (yet again) to "as long as there's no rule against it, it can't be a dick move"?

I still disagree ... but I'm sure you'll just come up with yet another set of goalposts for what constitutes "dickishness".
I never moved any goal posts. Please re-read my posts. You keep straw manning me with your own words. Distilling someone's argument down to an unreasonable and silly sentence is not a valid counter-argument[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Let's approach this from a different angle. Why do we have rules and the play nice policy? The reason is simple, we as a community have agreed that certain behaviors are bad, exploiting bugs, etc. That is what we constitute as "dickish behavior".

If it isn't in the rules or the play nice policy, your opinion on what is "dickish" is just that, your opinion. Now, we could certainly find new things that we consider "dickish behavior", and add it to the rules or the play nice policy. But that is a decision made by the Dev's who work hard on this project, and the community who plays it. It is not dictated by single individuals and their opinions.

As of writing this post, I see nothing in any documentation suggesting playing the game normally by waking the Sleeper is a bad thing. In "Classic Everquest" (which P99 is trying to emulate), Sleeper is awoken once, and that's it. If you honestly believe the entire P99 community can resist waking the Sleeper just because of your opinion, you are sorely mistaken. It is not a "dick move" to acknowledge reality, which can be backed up by the Sleeper being awoken on Blue.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-22-2021 at 08:39 PM..
Old 09-22-2021, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

Ogre confirmed best shaman.
Old 09-22-2021, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ogre confirmed best shaman.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:04 PM
Sarnak

You can youtube the sleepers awakening. tons of vids about it from progression servers, blue videos and so on.
None of you care about the sleeper itself, you just want some loot before the next server.

Waking the sleeper, and having all the loot (minus primal weapons) deleted by the raid leader would be fitting, and eliminate all the hate related to it. And best of all, no one can complain about it without sounding greedy.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's approach this from a different angle.
Sounds good.

Quote:
Why do we have rules and the play nice policy? The reason is simple, we as a community have agreed that certain behaviors are bad, exploiting bugs, etc. That is what we constitute as "dickish behavior".
Here's the thing: you keep claiming I am misrepresenting you, but I don't think I am ... I think we just disagree. Stop me if I'm wrong: you believe that if the game/PnP allows you to do something, it can't be dickish. Correct?

I disagree with that position, and if just get on the same page about the definition of "dickishness", maybe you'll see why:

Quote:
Originally Posted by https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dickishness
Dickishness: relating to, or being, in the state, quality, condition or degree of being a dick.

Dick in this sense is a "mean" or "contempable" person(s)
Simple question: can you follow the server rules, and still be "contempable" (sic) person?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop me if I'm wrong
Stop. You’re wrong. Again.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Remember when loramin use to talk about raiding but never raided even with anon? pepperidge farms remembers
Old 09-22-2021, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remember when loramin use to talk about raiding but never raided even with anon? pepperidge farms remembers
If these dickish raid guilds weren't blocking him he totally would though.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If these dickish raid guilds weren't blocking him he totally would though.
no no he wouldnt, there was free raids he could of attended with anon but instead farmed in wakening lands. he doesnt raid.
Closed Thread