Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 04:26 PM
Banned

I wouldn't worry about the level 1 experience. Make it so you don't get points or YT for killing anyone under a certain level. Still allow level 1's to be attacked. Not only is low level PvP fun but I don't like the idea of players being immune and safe from permadeath. Meaning they have a permanently safe bank to horde things.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maerilith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't qq about 500% xp. U can joust nooks with a rusty till 20 in a full day then go hunt plat/items in safety by being smart. Also don't be a mook itself an buy invis pots. Or play a bard.
What are nooks and mooks?
Old 09-25-2015, 05:18 PM
Aviak

A big topic seems to be , At what level should pvp be enabled?
I think its a topic worth discussing, but lets try and stick with some truths, I'll write the pros and cons to both of the ideas

PVP at level 1

Pros:
1) It mimics and holds true to the true nature of a Discord server (chaos everywhere)

2) Some players are looking forward to wrecking level ones, but would they quit the server all together if they could not plow level 1's? I'm unsure.

3) "Not only is low level PvP fun but I don't like the idea of players being immune and safe from permadeath. Meaning they have a permanently safe bank to horde things. " By HippoNipple

Cons:
1) Players who become a target of griefing might end up giving up on the server all together. Thus it will cause people to stop playing lowering the overall population, possibly the overall fun.

2) GM will have to take the time to make 20 spawn points for every starting city. "Could" cause possible bug issues, taking more time for the server to develop.

3) Possible exploitations may arise if killing low level players gives any sort of value. - By HippoNipple
----------------------------------------------------
Will add more to the pros and cons list when good valid points arrive in this thread.
Last edited by Arshis; 09-25-2015 at 05:40 PM..
Old 09-25-2015, 05:24 PM
Banned

IF the server will have a 3-500 xp bonus, this conversation about pvp at level 1 being an issue is a non issue.

It will take like 5 spiderling kills with a dagger to get to level 2.

It will take 30-40 minuets to get to level 6+
Old 09-25-2015, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IF the server will have a 3-500 xp bonus, this conversation about pvp at level 1 being an issue is a non issue.

It will take like 5 spiderling kills with a dagger to get to level 2.

It becomes an issue if there is immunity and people have safe level 1 banker alts.

It becomes an issue if you can attack level 1's and someone comes in first because they killed 100 level 1's.

Just gotta make sure the point system negates low level kills and allow level 1's to be attacked in my opinion.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:29 PM
Aviak

My interruption of the podcast was they were leaning toward 200% I think?
Old 09-25-2015, 05:36 PM
Banned

I sure hope its 500 so I can get 50 in a few days.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It becomes an issue if there is immunity and people have safe level 1 banker alts.

It becomes an issue if you can attack level 1's and someone comes in first because they killed 100 level 1's.

Just gotta make sure the point system negates low level kills and allow level 1's to be attacked in my opinion.
yea I hear ya, it's an interesting challenge, coming up with a point system for this type of server.

If you make it 1:1 then yea level 1's would be as valuable as level 50s ad that doesn't work.

I bet they do something like the farther from the killers level that target is, the less points youll get.. seems simple enough no?

lvl 20 kills a level 1 and gets 1/10th of a point, a level 20 kills a level 20 and gets 1 point? Something like that I dono. Glad I dont have to come up with it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-25-2015, 05:51 PM
Aviak

Back when leader boards were enabled on Tallon, highest player kills were always like lvl 19 twinks. People with the highest player kill points were like the servers best pvpers all level 60. So the live server did have a varried point system. But classes were so unbalanced back then.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arshis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Experience Points
500% seems like alot. even at normal experience rate you could barely afford to buy all your spells every 4 levels. at 500% speed.. your really going to have to pick and choose what you can afford to buy. Your going to see level 20 warriors get raped trying to fight in cloth at higher levels your going to level so fast it might actually hurt you.
I would think this needs to be fast because once the pop starts dropping it has a snowball effect thats hard to stop. The vets are going to be dominant anyway and most likely be trying to KOS everything that moves, might as well give the other folks the chance to roll again without too much annoyance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just reduce the cost of spells.
Probably a good solution. You can tweak as needed as you reboot server for "season 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arshis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Group XP
I vote no bonus for group xp. The benefit of soloing is leveling with haste, the benefit of grouping is safety. I'm an old Tallon Zek player and back in the day items mattered more then levels. A level 8 rog could land max melee dmg on a wizard that was lvl 16 because wizard in general wizards had terrible armor class. Just the same a level 12 druid could land a root on someone who was many levels higher than him. Landing spells and melee hits had more to do with resistances and armor class than levels.
I played red for only a brief time and am unable to tell you if the pvp system implemented in red99 is similar to classic. To recap a level 30 wizard could not run in and slaughter an entire group of level 12's. Groups are slow and steady but safe.
One thing i enjoyed straight away with wow pvp is you could stand a chance as a 27 with a 52. Not going toe to toe but getting some nukes in and spells while hes fighting someone else or 2. Not sure how hard this is to get right, where a lower level has at least a chance to root and flee, eat a hit or 2. edit: not sure anymore about group xp. On one hand it helps established vets get fast xp but also lets people who takes risks get that bonus xp. Group is only safer for established crews as you can bet griefer crews will bait people into joining their group so they can kill em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- An alternative fun and grim corpse system would be to allow anyone to loot dead player corpses after a few minutes (similar to npc/mobs). That would create situations where you might stumple upon other corpses with something left on it that the attacker didn't take. And where the killer sometimes needs to choose only a few items that there is space and weight allowance for. Would be pretty interesting actually.
I like that, could even put a longer timer on corpses if it doesnt drain server resources, like 30-60mins corpse rot for player bods

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To me thats barely fast enough and maybe even too slow. People will die, alot. You dont want a bunch of people quitting on day 2.

--

The noob zone camping could be out of control, some thought would have to be put in to prevent this.

--

Not sure how hard to code but account shared stash could be interesting. Im not thinking through all the ramifications right now but dying in hardcore in Path of exile and at least having some starter gear for your next toon was nice.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 09-26-2015 at 01:08 AM..
Closed Thread