Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Fire Giant

Default Binding in "Raid Zones"

I know im probably shooting myself in the foot for even bringing it up...

With the new updates to the raid rules.. is there any possibility that the GMs might lift the restriction on binding in what people consider to be raid zones? Its probably not a HUGE deal for 99% of people, as a druid however, i always liked my ability to bind wherever i pleased to gate back when/if needed.

being that im a druid at level 55.. im sure this is an obvious sign as to where i want to bind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am well aware the reasons behind the restriction and for the most part i will agree with them but binding in these zones was classic, and if the Guilds agree to less poopsocking i would assume this is a rule that could potentially be.. reviewed further?

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 01-13-2014, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Firepots and DL/KC both have Kunark dragons in them, but are the two most prominent bind locations. I could be wrong, but I do not think people will be required to rebind for those two zones. For a L55 druid, I think you can safely remain bound in Perma pits.

IANAGM
Old 01-13-2014, 01:31 PM
Sarnak

The rule prevents guilds from camping their raid force near a raid spawn. It doesn't apply to a 55 Druid that wants to bind in the bear pits to exp.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Firepots and DL/KC both have Kunark dragons in them, but are the two most prominent bind locations. I could be wrong, but I do not think people will be required to rebind for those two zones. For a L55 druid, I think you can safely remain bound in Perma pits.

IANAGM
Ah i might not have been clear in my post. If my memory serves, at this time you CAN NOT bind in KC or in Perma.. (havent tried DL recently)

My question was mostly if now that there is a more strict "play nice raid policy" i would assume that some of the non-classic additions (bind restrictions) can be removed or.. mitigated to an extent.

(unfortunately im not currently bound in perma, i had unknowingly changed my bind point when it was a non-issue)

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 01-13-2014, 01:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The rule prevents guilds from camping their raid force near a raid spawn. It doesn't apply to a 55 Druid that wants to bind in the bear pits to exp.
I do appreciate your response, Last time i tried, i got a message stating " Cant bind here, Try a city", a message that a druid is not used to seeing :-p Maybe i will have to check again.

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 01-13-2014, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

I'm pretty sure the bind restrictions are a classic mechanic as binding in place like pofear/pohate/TD firepots were allowed to be bind in for a set amount of time and then the restriction was placed due to classic timeline.

when kunark launched a ton of people went and bound at FP because they knew that after something like 2 weeks it was going to be removed.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 01-13-2014, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

I do understand that pofear/pohate/TD are unbindable.. And understand why.. My question is mostly related to perma and SolB for instance. (maybe even KC/DL)

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 01-13-2014, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

I had no trouble binding at Naggy's spawn in Sol B last time I tried(about 3 weeks ago). I haven't tried binding in Permafrost, but from what I recall there shouldn't be any restrictions there either. Maybe try a different spot?
Old 01-13-2014, 01:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had no trouble binding at Naggy's spawn in Sol B last time I tried(about 3 weeks ago). I haven't tried binding in Permafrost, but from what I recall there shouldn't be any restrictions there either. Maybe try a different spot?
Maybe this is the issue. Much appreciated!

I should have prefaced this with the fact that I am returning to my druid after break since about the kunark launch (playing my monk, no binding!) I will have to give it a more thorough attempt.

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 01-13-2014, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

I've been binding toons in solb for months to farm zordaks, didn't know this wasn't legal bc I'm not a raider, is this illegal? Also you can definitely bind in Perma pits, my cleric was bound there for a week or two while a druid friend was finishing off his grind to 60, is this illegal as well?

I did notice that they extended the first fire giant pathers aggro radius to include the prep area shortly after getsome crew returned and started owning solb routinely.
Last edited by Pint; 01-13-2014 at 01:51 PM..
Closed Thread