Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 05-07-2023, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I joined KWSM, my goal now is to work towards 55 so I can get in on some planar raids. Forgot how frustratingly slow level 45 was.
Ok, good!! Have fun. Levels are king. I still think The Hole is underused on Green. It’s still the best ZEM despite ZEM percentage changes, and there are enough mobs for 15+ groups.
Old 05-07-2023, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, good!! Have fun. Levels are king. I still think The Hole is underused on Green. It’s still the best ZEM despite ZEM percentage changes, and there are enough mobs for 15+ groups.
Assuming it's not camped often the Hole entrance with the earth elementals is one spot I'm considering around 49, as are wyverns in CS.
Old 05-08-2023, 06:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So Wizard is the easiest of the four? Is it easier than average among all the possible epics, or about average?

Compare it to say the Druid and Ranger epics.
Wizard is definitely the easiest, you only need to collect three different staves, and you can MQ any of them. It wouldn't be that hard at all to just get one and buy the other two.

How it compares to other epics? Probably about on par with cleric or monk, so definitely at the top of the list for easy epics. I think rogue and shaman may be the only ones truly easier? All of the epics are totally achievable by casual raiding and/or buying MQ's, besides bard,warrior, and mage. It's easier than druid or ranger, neither of those are particularly difficult, only the SEoC from Hate limits the ranger epic iirc.

1. Rogue
2. Shaman
3. Monk
4. Cleric
5. Wizard

After that I'm not sure what order, but I'd rank the hardest in this order:

12. Bard
13. Warrior
14. Magician

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 05-08-2023, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

They all have weird bottlenecks.

Prob least to most necessary.
Mage (except farmers) < Necro < Ench (except farmers) < Wiz

Water staff for a mage wrecks. Epic is vanity but doesn’t really change what you will do. It will increase your kill speed in Droga. Otherwise tho, meh.
Old 05-09-2023, 03:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They all have weird bottlenecks.

Prob least to most necessary.
Mage (except farmers) < Necro < Ench (except farmers) < Wiz

Water staff for a mage wrecks. Epic is vanity but doesn’t really change what you will do. It will increase your kill speed in Droga. Otherwise tho, meh.
Wizard epic is needed the most? For the mana regen?
Old 05-09-2023, 04:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Wizard epic is needed the most? For the mana regen?
I imagine the rune component works handily with the manna robe / mana stones?

Also, the cost of peridots for manaskin accumulate quickly if you're playing in a style that gets you hit.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 05-09-2023, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

I don’t wiz but a lot of raid stuff you need to get close to nuke. Either belly casters or for fear you don’t want to ping-pong a raid target. 800hp will soak up a nasty aoe for a class that doesn’t have many hps. Plus it stacks with the self-rune.

The necro has other dots and snares. VoG > Shiss for most high end PC’s. Most mages aren’t using pets except solo or small-man situations where a water/earth/air can be situationally almost as good. The water’s dps is very high and on stuff that resists normal spell damage (like epic fights) it can beat the epic due to backstab.
Old 05-09-2023, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

The real necro epic is Druushk soulwell staff.

Enc can get by on Fesh staff for stat stick, especially if you're FT7 or 8. Don't get me wrong, its great to have though. Opens up gearing options while staying at 205 CHA. Can buy VT/VD loot rights if socking isn't your thing.

Mage is a dick flex. You're a coth bot, sorry not sorry.

So yeah, Wiz epic is by far the most useful of the int casters. Its absolutely nutty for end game raiding which is all wizards are good for anyway.
Last edited by Toxigen; 05-09-2023 at 09:55 AM..
Old 05-09-2023, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

For raiding necro are the twitches to the mage coths. Soulwell or epic falls into the mage epic line of utility really. Stats > all. Unless you’re a dex build fesh staff melee’r (huhu jk)

First place wiz. Second place ench for guilt free haste asks or for people without 40/41% haste. If the necro epic was a neg 200 MR check snare it might have situational raid and semi-raid use.
Old 05-09-2023, 11:07 PM
Fire Giant

Epic mage pet is excellent for raiding for a couple reasons. A max level water pet will parse higher, but often you only get to summon it once, and it probably won't be max level. The epic being the same level every time is a huge advantage because on average it will do more than a water pet simply because of RNG.

Secondly you can use the epic pet mana free, because it's already summoned on a charged orb. This lets you have the mana you'd use to summon on a one off fight, let's say a random dragon in NToV where you can use pets, like Lady M if you've cleared enough of the trash. In that situation you're getting a guaranteed amount of DPS from the pet, and it doesn't cost you 400, leaving you enough to drop two more rods for the clerics.

There's a reason mages stop using focused water pets after getting the epic, and while pet use in raiding is certainly debatable, they are still used plenty enough that the epic mage is getting more DPS over time than they would with water. There's nothing worse then summoning the lowest level pet on a fight where it matters, and is resummoning during combat really worth it?

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>