Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-27-2023, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbonkers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
diablo 3 got good with reaper of souls, even if it never reclaimed the the glory days of d2, it ended up in a decent spot, but it's stale now. d4 is just a graphical update to d3, go play path of exile instead imo
That's what I keep hearing about d3. It was finally worth playing after about 2 years. Too bad I was out after about 2 days.

Diablo 4 seems fun, I did the first open beta. Not sure I have the time for it, especially if Green 2.0 is on the horizon in the next 6-12 months or so.
Old 05-27-2023, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

I'm not sure if I am going to like this game, D2R had everything I'd want in Diablo and I quit it after like 3 months.
Old 05-29-2023, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderenter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
especially if Green 2.0 is on the horizon in the next 6-12 months or so.
That's been the prophecy for the past 16 months

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 05-29-2023, 03:16 PM
Banned

Don’t think it will run on my 10+ yr old shitbox or else I would. I played the shit out of D1, D2, D3 and Diablo Immortal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-30-2023, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Path of Exile still gives me that Diablo 2 high when I feel I need it. Not sure how Diablo 4 compares.

And won't be able to run it anyway until I get a new PC. My ancient 11 year old PC is not up to par anymore to say the least lol.
Old 05-30-2023, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

I remember the live Twitch feed when Diablo Immortal was announced and it was only going to be for phones etc.

There was a string of "Path of Exile wins again" comments down the right hand side [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It's endured so well and will keep on doing so.
Old 05-30-2023, 11:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember the live Twitch feed when Diablo Immortal was announced and it was only going to be for phones etc.

There was a string of "Path of Exile wins again" comments down the right hand side [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It's endured so well and will keep on doing so.
D:I gameplay for a phone game was really really good, albeit eventually repetitive at end game (I got to I think Hell3)

And the P2W was off the charts, obv, that’s what truly killed it
Old 05-31-2023, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

I hope it's gud. Cuz ppl deserve to have fun and enjoy their pixels.
Old 06-05-2023, 03:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope it's gud. Cuz ppl deserve to have fun and enjoy their pixels.
So far, so good. Currently level 45 (out of 100 cap) after almost 4 days. Just finished act 3 (out of 5, I think). There is so much side stuff to do, I didn't even finish act 1 until I was level 35. I heard open world mobs cap at level 50 until you complete the main story and rank up to nightmare difficulty though, so I decided to hold off on other side stuff and focus on main story for now so I don't hit mob cap too early.

Some people that powered through and are in the 70-80s already complaining that end game loop is repetitive (lol no shit, its an ARPG).

As far as my world map progress, I've done about 80% of the first region and 30% of the 2nd and 3rd regions. 4th and 5th region haven't touched yet. Still soo much more content to do! Looking forward to trying other classes too.

Just a few hours now until early access is done and the unwashed masses that didn't get deluxe edition will be able to play.
Old 06-05-2023, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Will try ofc when I can work up the dopamine between massaging geriatric feet