Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 05-10-2023, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

RNG aside and not knocking the epic of you have one (I wouldn’t turn it down), but getting a max pet just takes a couple extra minutes. Assuming you will use it since most raids the risk doesn’t outweigh the reward.

On those non-spell fights a mid tier focused water will parse as good. A 60 hitter will do more dps. Of course at the alternative of a Phinny looting rather than one circus of an epic with a nasty bottleneck.

For the casuals, show up early, burn some malachite and try hard with positioning. Use Velocity and Muzzle and reposition as needed. Out parse some players [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 05-10-2023, 04:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RNG aside and not knocking the epic of you have one (I wouldn’t turn it down), but getting a max pet just takes a couple extra minutes. Assuming you will use it since most raids the risk doesn’t outweigh the reward.

On those non-spell fights a mid tier focused water will parse as good. A 60 hitter will do more dps. Of course at the alternative of a Phinny looting rather than one circus of an epic with a nasty bottleneck.

For the casuals, show up early, burn some malachite and try hard with positioning. Use Velocity and Muzzle and reposition as needed. Out parse some players [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
One of my points is that you often don't have the time to resummon, like a statue kill where you run up and the mob is already in camp or on the way, you summon and go and that's it. You could get a max during the lockout prep period for AoW though.

I think we would have to do some parsing to on the mid tier pets, it's possible I'm wrong about some of the non max summons. I just know from the parses I've seen with my pet, it's usually in the top 3 for summoned pets /shrug. Most don't break 40 dps on high AC raid targets, and the highest I've seen in Kael on Vindi/Statue/AoW/KT is 45 or so that seems to be the ceiling.

You're absolutely right about on that last line there, if people show up prepared and actually buff and position the pet they will do really well. A water staff is all most mages really need to do well as far as pets go! The epic adds in an extra edge that's all.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>