Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 07-15-2023, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

54 with epic now, I'm still rocking the IFS. I have a 16/28 1hb from VP and thats it for 1handers. If I can camp the 13/21 1hb in Kael, would that be a noticable DPS upgrade vs IFS? If not I'll keep grinding with IFS and maybe buy a T-Staff. I have about 40k right now, any major items I should look out for in that budget range? Thanks for all the morale support fellow forumquesters.
Old 07-15-2023, 09:31 PM
Banned

I know that Tstaff was the clear winner vs the old best in slot casual setup of epic mainhand / SoS offhand. I'm not sure where IFS weighs in at but I would assume pretty close to that setup. Epic / SoM is probably better than IFS but by how much is the question. Then you have to take into account taking more ripostes if you're soloing, or more hits of a damage shield.

I would keep rocking the IFS. What's your haste like? I wouldn't upgrade to a Tstaff unless I already had a top tier haste item 36% or better.
Old 07-16-2023, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know that Tstaff was the clear winner vs the old best in slot casual setup of epic mainhand / SoS offhand. I'm not sure where IFS weighs in at but I would assume pretty close to that setup. Epic / SoM is probably better than IFS but by how much is the question. Then you have to take into account taking more ripostes if you're soloing, or more hits of a damage shield.

I would keep rocking the IFS. What's your haste like? I wouldn't upgrade to a Tstaff unless I already had a top tier haste item 36% or better.
A 34% haste item is fine. 34% is when you have reduced your delay by half the possible amount you can reduce it by. A 40/40 weapon would be at 40/30 at 34% haste, and 40/20 is the best you can get with 100% haste. Diminishing returns start to set in, since you need 66% haste to get the other half.

The 2% extra haste from CoF nets you very little in terms of DPS. I agree that OP should focus on getting a seahorse belt first if they still have a 20% haste item.

As far as I know T-Staff is going to be better than 1h for soloing, that is what most people say these days. I don't have an SoM or T-Staff, so I can't do comparisons between SoM and an IFS or T-Staff.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-16-2023 at 12:26 AM..
Old 07-16-2023, 12:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
54 with epic now, I'm still rocking the IFS. I have a 16/28 1hb from VP and thats it for 1handers. If I can camp the 13/21 1hb in Kael, would that be a noticable DPS upgrade vs IFS? If not I'll keep grinding with IFS and maybe buy a T-Staff. I have about 40k right now, any major items I should look out for in that budget range? Thanks for all the morale support fellow forumquesters.
Buy a 34-36% haste item with DKP. Cloak of Piety is a pretty meh item with 34% haste, often goes for bargain bin prices. CoCW or CoF will be more expensive but you can sell them once you upgrade.

Just save the cash. IFS and > 34% haste is firmly in 'all your upgrades will come from DKP' territory. Eventually you can use the cash for stuff like lootrights (circlet of the falinkan, strength of the elements, hammered golden hoops).
Old 07-16-2023, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Yeah I’ve had seahorse belt, guess the king game starts.
Old 07-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Banned

You've advanced a tech level.