Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Aviak

Default New York City - things to do

Im heading there next friday, any suggestions about what to do?

Im going to see a show in Brooklyn saturday night, ill be around williamsburgh and downtown Brooklyn saturday past 6.

I will also be going to eat at thai son in lower manhattan and uptown in harlem around the 135th.

Im going to take the JMZ line in queens since its overground to take in some city sights.

Last time i missed the Brooklyn bridge at night so its on the to-do list.

Ill be renting a bike

Also i cant remember if manhattan is flat lol im not a fatty but im not a super biker either, how much slope is there when you bike there?
Last edited by taxi2; 10-01-2010 at 01:45 PM..
Old 10-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Kobold

Manhattan is indeed flat. I know little about hte city even though I live just outside of Philly but I do know its flat lol. I went there once and was like... damn too many people..never been back.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by korrowan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Manhattan is indeed flat. I know little about hte city even though I live just outside of Philly but I do know its flat lol. I went there once and was like... damn too many people..never been back.
Hehe i was there last year, i loved that feeling of whoa, so huge. I want to go to Tokyo once before i die to see another urban monster. 35 million people, lulz
Old 10-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxi2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I will also be going to eat at thai son in lower manhattan and uptown in harlem around the 135th.
I'd much rather be eating a thai daughter or even wife then a son... but whatever rocks your boat! I know the gay community is very big in Montreal.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

I've been to NY once. What you need to do is stop by Uniqlo and pick me up a ton of clothes because they're sorta cheap and definitely cute. Then go to 53rd and 6th (iirc) and get whatever the hell that dude is selling out of his cart, and eat it. SO GEWD.

NY ruled, I wish my tour guide didn't suck. I definitely want to go back.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Apparently there's only one coal-oven pizza place in NY anymore based on regulations - the pizza is apparently GODLIKE there. I haven't been able to try it (since i've never been to NY, just heard from a close friend), but that's on my list whenever I get to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

There are a few coal oven pizza places in Manhattan. The number increases if you count all five burrows.

There are slopes all over the city, including in Manhattan. If it wasn't for the traffic you could easily roll your bike down from Murray Hill all the way to Chinatown without having to pedal. Nothing horrible but the island certainly isn't flat either.
Last edited by guineapig; 10-01-2010 at 04:12 PM..
Old 10-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Kobold

The Best Adventures are unplanned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
I have lots of neat tricks...
Old 10-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeepBeep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Best Adventures are unplanned!
I agree somewhat, i wouldnt call my trip planned, its just a general outline. Last time i didnt plan for my pizza and i ended up eating whatever (Ray's pizza in manhattan) just for the sake of saying i ate NY pizza.

My planning this time will make me stop at Grimaldi's pizza near the Brooklyn bridge if i dont have any other better recommendations until then.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Aviak

Any other suggestions? 2 more days and NY fucking C
Closed Thread