Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

Default Happy Anniversary Taxi

1 year ago to the day you were coincidentally running through Qeynos hills when you ran into Pyzjin and the event that followed became a series of great forum posts and an event which was remembered until your eventual rage quitting and banning.

A forum poster and fellow Canadian going by the name Volga detailed the story after the event happened. He had been camping Pyzjin for 3 days trying to get a GBS. Finally Pyzjin pops with a GBS but he is losing the battle. Taxi comes bursting over the hill, like a bat out of hell, and one shots her. Then in a seemingly grand act of kindness Taxi gives Volga the GBS. Volga made this post to thank Taxi and inform everyone what a great person he was.

A few hours later, Taxi found out how much the GBS was worth, which was around 8k. 8k was a lot of money a year ago in the hacthling economy as I believe manastones were ~20-30k. Taxi then begins to joke? about how he should be reimbursed for his kindness and then stops joking and says that he should have the stone. And in a fall from grace so fast that it would give you a nosebleed, Taxi continues to rant and accuses the guy of two-boxing while at the same time trying to maintain his image and say how he does kind things all the time.

After the great name nerf of 2010, Taxi became disillusioned with the server and eventually quit in September and, in a seemingly delusional parting message, he chalked himself up as a noble humanitarian who helped people and listed giving the GBS as one of his acts of kindness he should be remembered for. So on this day celebrate Taxi, remember how he made a notable impact on this server, and think back to the good ol' days.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ighlight=Pyzjn <<< original thread
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...499#post139499 <<< rage quitting

This public service message was brought to you by KaN because remembering p99's history is important if we wish to move forward as a community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Aviak

lol whats the point of making this thread again, theyre just gonna delete anything i say back unless i dont talk about how Uthgaard banned me. But i guess thats not the purpose of this thread, to actually hear what i have to say about this.

Oh how P99 has changed, its not stupid trolls being stupid in stupid threads. Oh no sirrie bob.

In the spirit of the P99 forum, i give this thread a 4/10 brown nosing note.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:17 PM
Sarnak

I never knew you but you sound awesome. thanks for coming back to celebrate your special day like a hairyfooted Easter Bunny
-Elyoc, 50 Druid
-GaryVee, Merchant
Old 05-29-2011, 06:17 PM
Sarnak

Nalkin, your links are 404'ing. B- for effort, though.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:19 PM
Fire Giant

nalkin needs to not copy/paste the links as it will not work... it will add the ... in the links
Old 05-29-2011, 06:23 PM
Aviak

Funny thing is anyone whos actually been around me, not someone like Nalkin who based his whole perception of me over this one incident knew how i was, i did help people all the time, port people for free, joked around, etc etc...

My dad was diagnosed with cancer around that time so i was a bit edgy at times.

Ok you wonderful people at p99, this is the cue where you start inserting lines like "That should teach him to father retards like you"
Old 05-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Fire Giant

Ah man, links didn't work. The original thread got deleted for some reason, so I pasted this one here in RnF. Here are the links:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ighlight=Pyzjn
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17007

Also, yes I did not know Taxi, so he could have indeed helped people alot. This post wasn't meant so much to be a bash on Taxi (because I did not know him beyond the forum) but moreso just a post for remembrance of a funny time which many of the old players will remember. I do these posts for things I remember from when I used to play (like Gmge http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26625).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:42 PM
Fire Giant

Gmge is my favorite person... but he hates me =(
Old 05-29-2011, 07:09 PM
Aviak

Being in-game with me was more akin to reading this thread than anything else:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8562

Too bad you picked the soup nazi to GM your server
Old 05-29-2011, 08:26 PM
Large Rat

Taxi is bi-polar and a schizophrenic. He is also attracted to his own mother.
Closed Thread