Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

Have you picked me up stuff from Uniqlo yet
Old 10-06-2010, 12:56 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you picked me up stuff from Uniqlo yet
Im not there yet, but no! I might get you a keyring since you got me thinking, i never buy clothing, like ever. Since im in NYC, i might buy one piece of gear. Ive been looking to buy something with a future look to it, something like:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Im not looking to spend 200$ on a piece of gear though. If someone knows somewhere i should check out thats cheapish... thanks
Old 10-06-2010, 01:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apparently there's only one coal-oven pizza place in NY anymore based on regulations - the pizza is apparently GODLIKE there. I haven't been able to try it (since i've never been to NY, just heard from a close friend), but that's on my list whenever I get to go.
its the water in new york that makes the pizza, i dont know what the fuck kind of nasty run off but its all about the water there.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:28 AM
Sarnak

just throwing it out there but new york has quite a few amazing freight train yards!
Old 10-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxi2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im not there yet, but no! I might get you a keyring since you got me thinking, i never buy clothing, like ever. Since im in NYC, i might buy one piece of gear.
will be patiently waiting for my keyring.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

The skywalk is kind of neat. It's on the upper west side, they converted some old above ground rail tracks into a super long park/walk path.

If you are looking for a good view, 30 Rock is MUCH more worth your time than the Empire State Building. The view at the top of 30 Rock is probably the best in town. At night it's really pretty in Brooklyn Heights overlooking downtown Manhattan if you are in to that sort of thing.

There are a million museums pretty much covering everything... including a museum of sex in midtown... I don't know if it's historical or fetishy or what so don't take my word for it. Anyway, the internet can give you any answer you would find in this thread.

The best decisions are one's that you make and like Beep said... it's best to just fly by the seat of your pants!
Old 10-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The skywalk is kind of neat. It's on the upper west side, they converted some old above ground rail tracks into a super long park/walk path.

If you are looking for a good view, 30 Rock is MUCH more worth your time than the Empire State Building. The view at the top of 30 Rock is probably the best in town. At night it's really pretty in Brooklyn Heights overlooking downtown Manhattan if you are in to that sort of thing.

There are a million museums pretty much covering everything... including a museum of sex in midtown... I don't know if it's historical or fetishy or what so don't take my word for it. Anyway, the internet can give you any answer you would find in this thread.

The best decisions are one's that you make and like Beep said... it's best to just fly by the seat of your pants!
Thanks for the feedback, i might go for that skywalk since i got vertigo and all lol (im serious)... I am planning to go to the fashion institute of technology they have an exhibition for eco-friendly clothing (might get a laugh out of what they came up with or it might be nice) and another one on japanese fashion. Like a 2hour stay.

When i was in amsterdam for a month, unplanned was how i did it. I just got in the subway with my bike, got off at the end of a random line and pedaled back while following the train tracks. Its just when im in New York, we go only for a weekend so i dont really have time to explore alot.

So ill do that, like last time in NY (which was all unplanned) but at the same time i took the time to look at the restaurant feedback to see where to eat and came here for some more feedback cuz locals are almost always the best source of info on what to see that isnt a tourist trap.

Talkin about that non-tourist trap, the train yard, we talkin about the sunnyside yard?
Old 10-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

PLEASE EAT TAYLOR HAM WHILE YOU ARE EAST

unless they have that in canada
Old 10-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Banned

who/what is a taylor ham?
Old 10-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Aviak

I prepared a music CD to play in the car, its 45 mins long, when should i put it in? Hehe, im guessing a bit before nyack? We coming through RFK bridge in Queens.

I dont usually eat pork (like once every few months) but im gonna eat Korean BBQ pork in Flushing, yea whats taylor ham?

And wheres that skywalk? I mean is there a particular name to it? Im checkin it out quick on the web cant seem to find anything specific, im cooking soups burning CDs washing clothes in here XD
Last edited by taxi2; 10-06-2010 at 02:13 PM..
Closed Thread