Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When people complain about how crowded it is, and how they can't get loot, or the npcs are tough, or the guides and gms are rude.. that's classic fucking everquest. If you read some archives from prekunark, you will see people saying the same things.

-Fuck gms
-Fuck this crowded game
-Fuck this or that.

When I started the server.. I never thought it would be this popular.. and these threads, both good and bad, provide great testimonials to that fact. If you didn't care, you wouldn't post.
QFT.

Not just prekunark(minus the crowded game issue) it all still happens on Live. EQplayers forums are nothing but whines and rants.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Aviak

When your attitude is "Fuck you, this is a free server, if you dont like me suspending accounts for whimsical reasons, go cry somewhere else" and that attitude is not reined in, it cant be good for the server, but thats just me.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

Well for one, the reason Uthgaard probably gets so much attention is because he's the one that's out there responding to petitions and issues more than any other guide or GM. In my experience, nine times out of ten if you petition, it's Uthgaard on the other end handling it. So like anything that you deal with more often than others, you'll see more complaints due to more experiences. Is he direct and to the point? Sure, it's not his job to give you a "feel good experience". He's not your mother, he doesn't have to tell you that you're amazing and special. Does he do his job like a pro? Very much so. If you are fucking up, he'll catch you. If you just had some crazy bug and are super annoyed by it, he'll help you out. He does exactly what a GM is supposed to.

Not to say the other Guides/GMs aren't doing their jobs. I have just had more experience with Uthgaard personally. I wouldn't say any of the Devs here are corrupt or abusing their powers. If Uthgaard ported me while I was sitting in the EC tunnels up to Hate, bound me there, and laughed at my death loop THEN we'd have some reason to complain. But c'mon guys, you know that if you were banned it was for SOMETHING, and if it was a misunderstanding I can guarantee if you talk to the Devs and they'll hear you out.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to say the other Guides/GMs aren't doing their jobs. I have just had more experience with Uthgaard personally. I wouldn't say any of the Devs here are corrupt or abusing their powers. If Uthgaard ported me while I was sitting in the EC tunnels up to Hate, bound me there, and laughed at my death loop THEN we'd have some reason to complain. But c'mon guys, you know that if you were banned it was for SOMETHING, and if it was a misunderstanding I can guarantee if you talk to the Devs and they'll hear you out.
I could tell you why he suspended my account, and how he reacted in the petition thread but i wont give him the satisfaction of banning me again. Ive paddled upstream enough, well see what his attitude does in the long run. Its one of the reasons why im sticking around, just so i can be a prick and tell the devs: told you so. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Sarnak

Default :P

Camps are just the way it is. I don't get why people have this revisionist history about how in classic everyone was happy, kind, and sharing. This community is tame and reasonable compared to live.

Am I the only one that remembers that LGuk was not able to be used most nights because it turned into a train war between guilds and you were caught in the middle?

That KSing, Ninja looting, and flat out EC scams were so common there would be about 10 posts a day on boards about it calling out known scammers?

The GMs here invest their time and wallet to offer P99 out of the kindness of their heart. Anybody else who mocks that is a thankless douche. Like you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oh... And to add...

Reason 5: Flicka. She punched my grandmother. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxi2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When your attitude is "Fuck you, this is a free server, if you dont like me suspending accounts for whimsical reasons, go cry somewhere else" and that attitude is not reined in, it cant be good for the server, but thats just me.
Yeah, people are just being banned like crazy for whimsical reasons. Look at them all...

You're the only question mark I have in my head because I don't know the whole story and you don't seem terribly unreasonable. However, its not a huge question mark given what you said in your "goodbye" post. Every single other ban that became public (at least since May) has been clearly justified - and I want to stress this - IMO. Because we don't have all the facts, I don't see every single word you used, or if you weren't so "polite" as you claimed when you tried to tell the GM that they were using naming policy rules unfairly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDrake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reason 5: Flicka. She punched my grandmother. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bent my wookie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, people are just being banned like crazy for whimsical reasons. Look at them all...
Just the past few days ive seen him get called out twice. I cant really know whats the story since it cant be talked in the open, and we have to use secret codes like this, but if its anything like what happened to me i can see a pattern. This is also some of the feedback ive read on the fires of heaven forums, its not because i wanna be a martyr.

So whatever, I would be truly saddened to see all the work the devs have done go up in smoke just cuz of a cocky GM, even though i said im gonna be a prick and stick around to see it fail because of it. The best avenue i see would be that he gets a clue and stops acting like that. Its like getting a free pizza but getting it smashed in your face when its your turn, im not sure id come back for more even though its free. It better be some fucking amazing pie.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxi2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just the past few days ive seen him get called out twice. I cant really know whats the story since it cant be talked in the open, and we have to use secret codes like this, but if its anything like what happened to me i can see a pattern. This is also some of the feedback ive read on the fires of heaven forums, its not because i wanna be a martyr.

So whatever, I would be truly saddened to see all the work the devs have done go up in smoke just cuz of a cocky GM, even though i said im gonna be a prick and stick around to see it fail because of it. The best avenue i see would be that he gets a clue and stops acting like that. Its like getting a free pizza but getting it smashed in your face when its your turn, im not sure id come back for more even though its free. It better be some fucking amazing pie.
You're free to climb down off that cross and leave any time you feel like it. No one is going to sympathize with you for being banned. No one cares except you.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:08 PM
VIP / Contributor

I'm so glad the boats are fixed. I get to follow one of these hilarious threads.

I suspend about 3 people a day on average. On average, I lift one. There's the pattern that people should be figuring out. Because I guarantee that 1 out of 3 didn't cry all over the server boards about it.
Closed Thread