Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 12-13-2023, 03:16 PM
Kobold

Default Rule clarification

If I am actively playing a toon and I have a friend who is not in the same house(other side of the country in fact) log into my other account and sit to collect xp. Is this legal? I am not boxing or using 2 computers. Just some random friend whos logging on my 2nd account and doing nothing.

Just wanted to know if this is breaking rules?
Old 12-13-2023, 04:25 PM
Aviak

How are you getting exp while AFK though? I think that's the issue since I know AFK farming is against the rules.
Old 12-13-2023, 04:37 PM
Kobold

I am actively killing on one account. He is just afk in the group doing nothing on a separate account. Just want to know the legality of doing such a thing.
Old 12-13-2023, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Last I checked there is no law against joining a group and being afk to soak xp. People used to pay good money (in game plat) to be power leveled this way in chardok.

AFAIK if it’s 2 different people 2 different computers in different areas, not against the rule.

Caveat: might raise suspicion as these days anyone can phone tether and use a VPN to make it look like the other account is somewhere else. If people in charge noticed that an account logged in from your computer and your IP address is now soaking xp with another one of your accounts …

… might have some s’plaining to do.

I dunno.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 12-13-2023, 08:02 PM
Fire Giant

A friend of mine leveled a couple toons this way. I would log in and join a group,goto work while he killed on his enchanter
Was never an issue. Gotta pick spots you can safely afk,or just flop if that's an option
Old 12-13-2023, 10:31 PM
Planar Protector

The rule basically boils down to
If you fail the box test for any reason, you're banned
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 12-14-2023, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Not technically illegal. But if staff show up to subject you to a box test and your friend isn't there to do it (or otherwise fails the test somehow) then you'll basically be banned instantly.
Old 12-14-2023, 01:45 PM
Aviak

Yea that's what I was thinking - if you're gonna be completely AFK it is risky since if you fail a box test you will most likely be banned. However, I very rarely ever see any CSR in game so I'm not sure how common if they happen at all anymore.
Old 12-14-2023, 02:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by baue1446 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am actively killing on one account. He is just afk in the group doing nothing on a separate account. Just want to know the legality of doing such a thing.
wizard life
Old 12-14-2023, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonolin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea that's what I was thinking - if you're gonna be completely AFK it is risky since if you fail a box test you will most likely be banned. However, I very rarely ever see any CSR in game so I'm not sure how common if they happen at all anymore.
You can be in game as CSR and not show up on any /who list if you want (or at least that's how it was back in the day). You can also obviously be completely invis.