Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-20-2023, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archemil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A player kills a quest NPC, logs off to get an Alt to loot it. While logged off another player comes across the dead NPC and has no idea what is going on and loots the NPC.

Player who looted gets banned. This doesn't seem right to me.
yes he should get banned
if you didnt kill the mob you have absolutely zero rights to loot that mob without asking
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 10-20-2023, 12:31 PM
Banned

Can you see the situation from the other side of the perspective enj?

You are right that the rules as stated don't give the other player any loot rights compared with who got the kill.

Are you telling me though as a young scrub you never came across a corpse with seeming nobody around and were like hmmm. It's a learning lesson for OP. Unless they changed the rules from years back, shouldn't be a full ban. Wielding the ban hammer indiscriminately on a server with a population that has been shrinking may have deleterious long term effects on server popularity.
Old 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Banned

Get friends get gud. To pander to anything otherwise is to breed in weakness and losers with no lifestyle.
Old 10-20-2023, 01:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you see the situation from the other side of the perspective enj?

You are right that the rules as stated don't give the other player any loot rights compared with who got the kill.

Are you telling me though as a young scrub you never came across a corpse with seeming nobody around and were like hmmm. It's a learning lesson for OP. Unless they changed the rules from years back, shouldn't be a full ban. Wielding the ban hammer indiscriminately on a server with a population that has been shrinking may have deleterious long term effects on server popularity.
This didn't happen. The GMs don't mercilessly ban just for some newbie looting a random item. My money's on difficult to get nodrop quest piece and OP talking back instead of admitting fault

You seriously still fall for people making threads and not telling the entire story? Lol.
Old 10-20-2023, 01:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Huh? Nobody is talking about fine steel in this thread.
Old 10-23-2023, 10:37 AM
Orc

Just think of all the crude steins that would have rotted if the hundreds of you had not just taken one off that dead Ogre Bouncer. A public service right? No wasting of usable loot, right?

Well gee, there's no harm in looting that lore stein. Right? But other corpses? Nay! That's a bridge too far! So how many of you got suspended or banned for that stein?

Abandoned AC corpse in South Ro?! Score! But wait! No. That's criminal! You dirty ninja loot whore!

In for a penny, in for a pound.

In the end, it's what one wants to justify in the moment. Easy win: Just don't loot a corpse that you didn't kill. We know this is not a thing though. People do it all the time.
Old 10-23-2023, 01:25 PM
Fire Giant

You can just ask to loot stuff. Chances are whoever you're asking will even help you out more if you're looking to kick start your newbie career in p99. I do that when possible, at least. You can also just loot inconsequential stuff like fine steel if it's rotting, nobody will petition you or ban you for that shit, you may at most get a warning if it's even noticed.

However, if you loot a rare quest item, or something which you definitely know is important/valuable/rare (even if you pretend you don't, like OP,) then you will get smacked for it. It's that simple.
Old 10-23-2023, 02:12 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This didn't happen. The GMs don't mercilessly ban just for some newbie looting a random item. My money's on difficult to get nodrop quest piece and OP talking back instead of admitting fault

You seriously still fall for people making threads and not telling the entire story? Lol.

100%

For all we knew OP lootlocked the corpse when he saw the person swap characters, tried to extort him/her and then looted the no-drop quest-specific item to the class that he wasn't when he wasn't paid off, shouting "LOL LOSER!!!" before /q.

I doubt someone looting something on accident in good faith would get banned. If they do, that's a serious problem. But the issue here is good-faith and noob then, and not the looting. I personally don't like the idea that random bodies are potential bans though. People don't loot bodies sometimes and as a noob pocket change is life changing.

But no one would just lie online.
Old 10-23-2023, 02:53 PM
Fire Giant

I can't restate this enough. If you are a new player and you just do something that's not allowed but clearly in good faith, you will not get banned. You will not even be punished. You might even make friends, just tell people you're new and they will understand.

You get banned by flagrantly defying clearly stated rules (FYI: staff assumes you are aware of the main server rules) and being combative when called out. Every single person who has ever complained about being unjustly banned on P99 was a douche or completely deserve it. Prove me wrong (you can't). P99 staff is laissez-faire to a fault. They don't moderate enough. If you get banned by them then you were bad enough to make the most hands-off moderation staff wake up and do something instead of slacking.
Old 10-23-2023, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

The PnP and tenants of p99 are in plain language and simple to understand. You typically only get in trouble after the person who killed something petitions you. If it’s your other char, someone who sold you loot, or a buddy…slim chance of it happening.

Maybe read the tiny instruction card first before playing the game? Or just asking politely first.
Last edited by Snaggles; 10-23-2023 at 03:08 PM..