Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-27-2023, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grouping is not dead. Lean to /who all lfg in your level range and check the hot zones.

/Bad thread
Strong reading skills. I used the cleric as an example. I also stated I've been trying to put together groups by sending tells.
Old 08-27-2023, 02:36 PM
Fire Giant

I've been leveling my warrior lately and it's definitely been hit or miss.
Had the most luck with guild groups,or going to poopy velks
I don't do kc it's the worst zone in the game, I don't know why anyone would bother
Old 08-27-2023, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Solo your cleric: it's the P99 way [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-27-2023, 09:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also don't understand why everyone goes to Karnors. It's 10 minute run from the osest port. The exp is bad, the loot is decent if you can get the kunark armor to drop for vendor trash... And people wind up planted there sitting LFG and refusing to leave for places like the Hole or Sol B which are right next to ports.
Mobs in Karnor's are easy, the main camps can train to zone if things go wrong, and it's outdoors so you can use SoW, Jboots, Selo's, Harmony, etc. Camps are close enough to grab buffs from other groups. It's also easy for a rezzer to get in and sort out any deaths that might occur. It's just the path of least resistance. In fact, these things hold true for all the leveling zones that are still populated:

Oasis/Crushbone
Unrest
Highkeep
Mistmoore
City of Mist
Karnor's

That's the exact leveling route everyone takes, and finding groups elsewhere is essentially impossible at this point. There aren't enough players in the leveling pool to fill more zones than that, so they pick the ones that are most convenient: outdoor zones with mostly generic melee mobs, and usually with the possibility of training out and/or getting someone's main or guildie to drop by for a rez.

Even if a dungeon gives slightly more exp per kill, it usually won't add up to more exp/hour when you factor in the higher difficulty, the fact that the puller can't have a speed buff, and the near-guarantee of a full wipe if anything goes wrong, with little hope of any help recovering.
Last edited by greatdane; 08-27-2023 at 09:17 PM..
Old 08-28-2023, 09:20 AM
Sarnak

ff14 has a free month going on
armored 6
ff pixel remaster
two servers
wow hardcore

and as long as there are two servers splitting the population and competition.. get used to it.
Old 08-28-2023, 09:43 AM
Sarnak

I tried FF14. Just seems like a bad series of fetch quests. Might as well grind mobs on p99. Oh and for whatever reason the public spaces are filled with furries, pedos and other perverts parading their characters. It's literally as bad as Second Life.
Old 08-28-2023, 11:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also don't understand why everyone goes to Karnors. It's 10 minute run from the osest port. The exp is bad, the loot is decent if you can get the kunark armor to drop for vendor trash... And people wind up planted there sitting LFG and refusing to leave for places like the Hole or Sol B which are right next to ports.

But the 20 or so players actually exping in groups from 50-60 are in Karnors. Everyone else solos / small op trio etc.

I only included the story about a cleric sitting LFG for 7 hours because I think it goes to show how little people are actively grouping. Someone had to have had a group and a cleric was leaving, so they searched for replacement heals in that time. Nope. Or apparently not, anyway.

Most people are on alt number 7 (like me) and can solo to 50-55. But I also like to group, and have been having increasingly hard time putting together groups for a few months. Some of my most fun groups are with filthy casuals and new to EQ players, but unfortunately they live up to their name and only log in once every 2 weeks. Or they quit after level 30

Because most people have an opinion on "the best spot park for 10 levels to grind," except for filthy casuals and new to EQ players who are usually more down to explore the game, try something new, etc.
I think it’s just because entrance is so easy to solo for almost any class, with a zone line ten seconds away if stuff goes south. While people solo, they’re able to LFG there in the process if that’s what they want.

I absolutely hate KC, but it makes sense why people choose to go there.
Old 08-28-2023, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Default OP:

SEND
PEOPLE
TELLS
Old 08-28-2023, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SEND
PEOPLE
TELLS
Yep. Be proactive. If the zone you are in is literally empty go to a different zone. If it’s not a dead zone there is usually someone/anyone to pair up with.

On most all of my characters, most all of the time I just find someone else hanging around the zone line waiting on a group and just as them:

“Hey, want to team up and kill some stuff while we have our lfg tags up?”

It’s rare that people will say no. If more lfgs wander in scoop them up and go take your own camp with your new group.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-29-2023, 03:25 AM
Kobold

Grouping has always been dead. Only the worst players go to KC to get a group. The best players spend all the time soloing/duoing tough stuff in other zones. Pickup group are always the slowest, least reliable method of getting xp. Especially for Adults who have a job and don't have time to wait for a group.