Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 02-02-2022, 02:32 PM
Kobold

I have this issue on my linux box with wine, gonna boot up a windows box today and see if I have it there.
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Old 02-02-2022, 09:08 PM
Orc

Default Server list is blank…

This has happened quite a few times over the last few days. I try to log in, but the server list will not populate… it is empty.

Edit: been trying for over an hour. Calling it a night, but FWIW, I keep getting either “Error -A timeout occurred”, OR a big long message basically saying to check my internet connection (which is fine everywhere else), OR I get to a blank server select screen. Frustrating… time to do something else.

Ideas?
Last edited by Yinn Yang; 02-02-2022 at 09:26 PM..
Old 02-02-2022, 11:22 PM
Aviak

I'm on sonic gig fiber which is riding on at&t fiber in my area. Same problem. changing DNS to google's for both ipv4 and ipv6 did nothing. Tethering on my phone always works. VPN works. I tested my up and down speeds on my eq machine and its 100 down and 150 up. These numbers are lower than normal for my connection which is around 350 down and 350 up over wifi. This suggests to me that this issue is coinciding with throttling done by at&t during prime time. That being said no other service encounters any issues. project1999.com has the same issues (i'm writing this tethered to my phone) right now.

I am worried that while using VPN multiple accounts could collide with each other and get us banned. VPNs have a limited number of "exit IPs" and it's quite plausible that multiple of us trying to circumvent this problem will appear to p99 folks as if we're playing on the same IP. Can we please get at least a comment from a mod on this?

I basically cant play from 5pm PST to around 11pm PST every day.
Last edited by larsbars; 02-02-2022 at 11:32 PM..
Old 02-03-2022, 12:47 AM
Aviak

Note to self ... don't attempt to break into howling stones over phone tethering ...
Old 02-03-2022, 12:50 AM
Fire Giant

Keeps happening to me and now it starts earlier in the day and is lasting longer.
Old 02-03-2022, 04:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnaak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have this issue on my linux box with wine, gonna boot up a windows box today and see if I have it there.
Tried on windows machine, got to character select but crashed logging in.

Same machine logged into and played on PEQ with no issue.
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Old 02-03-2022, 06:30 PM
Orc

Ya'll need to contact AT&T and tell them to stop packet shaping, filtering, QoS'ing or whatever the hell they're doing to the Login Server's traffic. Or use a VPN to completely avoid their network.

Complaining in a thread here will not fix your issue.
Old 02-03-2022, 07:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_lock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya'll need to contact AT&T and tell them to stop packet shaping, filtering, QoS'ing or whatever the hell they're doing to the Login Server's traffic. Or use a VPN to completely avoid their network.

Complaining in a thread here will not fix your issue.
Not sure about everyone else, but I do not use AT&T for my connection. I also route all my traffic through a VPN anyway.

Also, I was able to use PEQ login server and play with no issue, so the issue is not on my end.
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Last edited by Garnaak; 02-03-2022 at 07:55 PM..
Old 02-04-2022, 02:07 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnaak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure about everyone else, but I do not use AT&T for my connection. I also route all my traffic through a VPN anyway.

Also, I was able to use PEQ login server and play with no issue, so the issue is not on my end.
The Linux issue is a known issue solved by middlemand. This cross-compiles and generally works for windows too. But they're all just workarounds to "something is dropping packets". Common sources are:
  • Linux IP Stack (middlemand)
  • Wifi / Poor Signal (try a hardwired connection)
  • Upstream filtering (contact your ISP)
Old 02-04-2022, 02:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_lock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Linux issue is a known issue solved by middlemand. This cross-compiles and generally works for windows too. But they're all just workarounds to "something is dropping packets". Common sources are:
  • Linux IP Stack (middlemand)
  • Wifi / Poor Signal (try a hardwired connection)
  • Upstream filtering (contact your ISP)
Did you read ANYTHING i wrote? This also is happening on Windows boxes. Boxes That I have played P99 on for years (since 2013). My network structure has not changed. I use the same router, vpn service, etc that I always have. Previously I was able to play P99. I am not able to now.

I am able to play on PEQ using the PEQ login server on all of my machines, zero issues.
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Last edited by Garnaak; 02-04-2022 at 02:51 PM..