Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 09-17-2023, 09:16 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default SMS verification code

Im a new person to this. Code is never sent to my phone so now Im stuck. I remember why now I have tried a few times to get into this server and it is just to difficult. So how does the system send me a code does it even work would it help if I got out and pushed. This is the experience a new person gets and its easier to go somewhere else.
Old 09-17-2023, 09:25 AM
Server Guide

Greetings!

We are aware there is a complication with the SMS system, resulting in some players receiving a "blacklisted" or other error message.
At this time, please be patient as we do not have an estimated time for resolution.
Unfortunately, we do not have any capabilities to help with recovering account passwords or linked forum accounts that you do not already have on your own.

This post has quite a bit of information regarding the password reset/account recovery tools you have available to you:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=314552

If the tools listed in that post cannot help, then the account may be unrecoverable.
I do hope you're able to acquire those access again and can continue adventuring.

Happy hunting and here’s to a great day.
Old 09-20-2023, 07:11 PM
Decaying Skeleton

The SMS step did not work for me. No code was ever sent to my phone. Does this mean I cannot play Everquest project 1999?
Old 09-21-2023, 02:03 AM
Server Guide

Greetings,

The SMS system is down again. We are working on it as fast as we can. (Do not use the sms system for now. )

This post has quite a bit of information regarding Getting started:

If you want to resend a p99 verification email:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/r...o=requestemail
Or
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/reg...o=requestemail

Happy hunting and here’s to a great day.
Old 09-25-2023, 10:45 PM
Large Rat

I have an SMS code in limbo; never received it and my accounts/number are stated to be under a pending action (the message I never got). I enabled the email verification after trying to get the SMS code and can't find a way to resend it so that it goes to my email. Any options here?
Old 10-27-2023, 10:24 PM
Senior Server Guide

Currently, there is no way to move beyond the complications with the SMS/Account Recovery System. Unfortunately, we do not have an estimated time this issue will be resolved. You can try jogging the verification system by requesting another e-mail via the following link: https://www.project1999.com/forums/r...o=requestemail.
Please note: The above suggestion may not work and is in no way meant to be an official method to resolve the above-mentioned problem.