Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 09:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The original PnP in 1999 said that nobody owns a camp and everyone who shows up somewhere gets to take turns.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekreant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You dont actually have any real confirmation that tooth guy is actually Drest lol.
Other than the fact he knew my name, race and class, sure. I just added it to my Signature today. Perhaps he is physic?
Old 01-28-2019, 09:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricke75 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Other than the fact he knew my name, race and class, sure. I just added it to my Signature today. Perhaps he is physic?
You made all your issues and exactly what happened public, anyone could have inferred this based on your actions on the forums and in game. Its almost like you feel entitled to hadden, even tho you went afk for minutes(technically loses a camp).
Old 01-28-2019, 09:30 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricke75 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thought they made it right and you'd never have to camp this smelly spawn again? Yet more lies dribble out of your mouth.

So many lies even you can't keep up with them.

Taken just now.
Pretty sure I saw a Toothed selling Fishbone earring in the EC tunnel. Whatever guildie "made it right" might as well gave him 3k for kill stealing. True justice indeed.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptull [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure I saw a Toothed selling Fishbone earring in the EC tunnel. Whatever guildie "made it right" might as well gave him 3k for kill stealing. True justice indeed.
Classy.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekreant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You made all your issues and exactly what happened public, anyone could have inferred this based on your actions on the forums and in game. Its almost like you feel entitled to hadden, even tho you went afk for minutes(technically loses a camp).
you're easily making everyone else seem normal in this thread

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The few times I've camped Hadden, both when knowing the timer and when just showing up and waiting it out, things have panned out as one would expect:

- I'm sitting at camp waiting, and some random_player_001 logs in (they know the timer). They see I'm there actively camping it, I get confirmation Hadden is about to spawn and we chat a bit until it does so they can update their timer and try again next time.

- I know the timer and log in. There's either someone there camping it or there isn't. If there isn't - that's self explanatory. If there is - it follows the same process as the above. We chat and I update my timer.

Mods - please move this thread to RnF.

-Mcoy
Yes. This is how it is done. That is how its always been done.
Last edited by Mblake1981; 01-28-2019 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 01-28-2019, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread is nuts. Does anyone remember the "Play Nice Policy"? The few times I've camped Hadden, both when knowing the timer and when just showing up and waiting it out, things have panned out as one would expect:

- I'm sitting at camp waiting, and some random_player_001 logs in (they know the timer). They see I'm there actively camping it, I get confirmation Hadden is about to spawn and we chat a bit until it does so they can update their timer and try again next time.

- I know the timer and log in. There's either someone there camping it or there isn't. If there isn't - that's self explanatory. If there is - it follows the same process as the above. We chat and I update my timer.

Most of us play here for the experience of enjoying a game that we previously enjoyed two decades ago. One of the things that made it enjoyable back then was the positive experiences most of us had when interacting with other players. Let's try and keep it that way so P99 can continue to attract new players and not discourage them should they venture into the unsavory sections of the forums.

Perhaps RnF should come with a disclaimer?

Mods - please move this thread to RnF.

-Mcoy

Thats not how probably the most similar camp in the game works (Lucan) so why are you assiming Hadden works differently just because you want it to be a certain way?

Sitting afk on a spawn point does not auto give you rights to that spawn and this line of reasoning should be put to rest.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Last edited by aaezil; 01-28-2019 at 11:03 AM..
Old 01-28-2019, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sitting afk on a spawn point does not auto give you rights to that spawn and this line of reasoning should be put to rest.
Thats like.. the definition of camping. Are you saying if ANYONE at ANY camp leaves for 10s to answer the door or 2 mins to use a bathroom, they insta lose their camp?

If anything, stormfeather is a much more similar camp than lucan. Lucan requires active clearing of "PH"s.

Stormfeather, besides the skip and list, is the same as Hadden; a long ass respawn that no one in their right minds sits there the whole duration. Are you trying to say that a person has to sit at Stormfeather in front of their PC for 18+ hours straight with no breaks?
Last edited by Legidias; 01-28-2019 at 11:18 AM..
Old 01-28-2019, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats like.. the definition of camping. Are you saying if ANYONE at ANY camp leaves for 10s to answer the door or 2 mins to use a bathroom, they insta lose their camp?

If anything, stormfeather is a much more similar camp than lucan. Lucan requires active clearing of "PH"s.

Stormfeather, besides the skip and list, is the same as Hadden; a long ass respawn that no one in their right minds sits there the whole duration. Are you trying to say that a person has to sit at Stormfeather in front of their PC for 18+ hours straight with no breaks?
No, im saying the spawn time for lucan and hadden are the most similar being just 1 hr difference, also both have no Ph and are 100% spawn chances (sf is totally different) so the rules for them should be similar.

You have to kill non related non ph mobs near lucan to claim lucan, similarly you should have to kill non related non ph mobs near hadden to claim him as well... sitting at the spawn point there but not killing anything or afk shouldn’t give you claim to anything.

If people are there but nobody is clearing its fte, if someone was there clearing first it’s their camp.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Last edited by aaezil; 01-28-2019 at 11:33 AM..
Closed Thread